How much snow is on the ground where you live right now?

Started by Caliga, March 01, 2013, 03:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much snow is on the ground where you live right now?

snow is unpossible where I live
4 (18.2%)
0 in / 0 cm
14 (63.6%)
< 1 in / 2.5 cm
0 (0%)
1-2.99 in / 2.51-7.5 cm
0 (0%)
3-5.99 in / 7.51-15 cm
0 (0%)
6-11.99 in / 15.1-30.5 cm
2 (9.1%)
12-36 in / 30.51-91.5 cm
1 (4.5%)
> 36 in / > 91.5 cm
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Caliga

I make this poll honor of my Chicago co-workers who keep bitching about bad weather and snow.

No snow on the ground here. :cool:  Ed--shut up about the goddamn weather gods.  THEY'RE NOT REAL, WITCH. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

But it was quite deep last weekend. Everything went away over the last 2-3 days.

The Larch

Snow is virtually impossible in my hometown. Last time it snowed in the city was when I was in primary school, and it didn't catch on.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 01, 2013, 03:44:01 PM
I make this poll honor of my Chicago co-workers who keep bitching about bad weather and snow.

No snow on the ground here. :cool:  Ed--shut up about the goddamn weather gods.  THEY'RE NOT REAL, WITCH. :rolleyes:

Yes they are. They demand obedience.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

What is this thing you call "snow on the ground".  Snow is found in the mountains and preferrable on ski hills.  Although that is becoming harder to come by these days.

CountDeMoney

No snow on the ground that has lasted more than a day since 2010.

edit:  Since January 2011.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 01, 2013, 03:53:06 PM
What is this thing you call "snow on the ground".  Snow is found in the mountains and preferrable on ski hills.  Although that is becoming harder to come by these days.

Apparently snow is becoming less rare in Valencia than when I was a child.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/01/snow-levels-drop-to-1300-feet-flakes-falling-in-valencia-santa-clarita.html
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Snow piles so high can't look out of my driveway as I'm backing out.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

Only a couple of inches, melting fast.  The mountains have gotten a lot recently, but down here at sunny 7200 feet the tropical climate keeps the snow from piling up.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Zanza

The last snowfall was Tuesday, but it's all melted now.

But I'll go skiing this weekend and the week after next week. Oberstdorf and Saalbach, here I come. :yeah:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

It's melting fast but the mount where I blow the driveway snow is about 8 feet tall.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.