And we're back!

Main Menu

Gawker's Unemployment Stories

Started by MadImmortalMan, February 26, 2013, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 26, 2013, 10:29:03 PM
That doesn't surprise me  :lol:

Well if gawker rants make them feel better about their ruined dreams, let them have at it. We don't need that here though. :goodboy:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on February 26, 2013, 10:28:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 26, 2013, 10:27:41 PM
Quote from: HVC on February 26, 2013, 10:15:37 PM
I've read some. most start "i went to school for art... " and i tune out.

Funny how everybody with jobs suddenly turn into judgmental Baby Boomers and garbon.

Oh honey, I was like this even when I was collecting my disability money.
What is it with you people and putting on airs?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on February 26, 2013, 10:39:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 26, 2013, 10:28:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 26, 2013, 10:27:41 PM
Quote from: HVC on February 26, 2013, 10:15:37 PM
I've read some. most start "i went to school for art... " and i tune out.

Funny how everybody with jobs suddenly turn into judgmental Baby Boomers and garbon.

Oh honey, I was like this even when I was collecting my disability money.
What is it with you people and putting on airs?

Just about everyone knows if the money is there for the taking...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on February 26, 2013, 10:30:15 PMI have turned into Ed. I am: old.

No, you've turned into everybody's father.

Ideologue

I bet garbo had literal tea parties, while he studied psychology.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 26, 2013, 10:46:05 PM

I bet garbo had literal tea parties, while he studied psychology.

No, I wasn't into lettowism. I drank wine out of my coffee mug in college.

Josquius

you make fun of arts students but things arent much better for many science grads :contract:

██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Tyr on February 26, 2013, 10:53:03 PM
you make fun of arts students but things arent much better for many science grads :contract:

which sciences?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on February 26, 2013, 10:54:10 PM

which sciences?

Psychology and the social sciences. -_-

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on February 26, 2013, 10:57:01 PM

which sciences?

You're too young to be an Old.  The STE part of the STEM market, and there's indications of problems in the M too, is all fucked up too.  Loads of scientists are having serious difficulty obtaining positions after graduation, even including post-doc slave labor.  Source: I read an article.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

which sciences?

any.
i'm from the computer science field. at this jet leavers conference were also jobless biologists, chemists, etc...
engineering (and then maybe only certain types) seems to be the only true graduate employing field.

at this conference actually, the key speaker, some british academic, had the view that it was people with BAs who had the better prospects in the future job market due to all the BSc jobs being doable by Indians for cheaper
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on February 26, 2013, 10:59:00 PM

which sciences?

You're too young to be an Old.  The STE part of the STEM market, and there's indications of problems in the M too, is all fucked up too.  Loads of scientists are having serious difficulty obtaining positions after graduation, even including post-doc slave labor.  Source: I read an article.
written by a freelancing english major with an ax to grind :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 26, 2013, 10:59:00 PM

which sciences?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 26, 2013, 10:37:33 PM

Well if gawker rants make them feel better about their ruined dreams, let them have at it. We don't need that here though. :goodboy:

Right.  Because Marti rants are so much more valid.