News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2013 Oscars - Habsy Memorial Thread.

Started by mongers, February 24, 2013, 05:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

I sort of assumed that they were going for the reaction they got.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

And here Affleck didn't even get a best director nod.  I was surprised that Spielberg's obvious award bait didn't get him a picture or director.  Then again, I guess he already went to the award bait well with Schindler's List.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

fhdz

I was hoping Beasts of the Southern Wild would have gotten something. Oh well.
and the horse you rode in on

katmai

Once again Oscars remind me why i don't watch them in about 20 years.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Austrian media are happy with two Oscars for Austrians (Waltz and Haneke).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

fhdz

Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2013, 01:40:49 AM

Waltz deserves every accolade he gets. Fantastic actor.
and the horse you rode in on

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 24, 2013, 07:31:31 PM
I'm hoping for a mass shooting taking out Seth McFarlne.

Hating on Seth McFarlane is such a hack thing to do.

Syt

Quote from: fahdiz on February 25, 2013, 02:29:41 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2013, 01:40:49 AM

Waltz deserves every accolade he gets. Fantastic actor.

Well, he was buried in TV productions for a lot of his career. Actually, he said he's been quoted in an interview that even the nominations gave him a lot of satisfaction, because a producer once said about him he's at best useful as quirky character for made for TV movies.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

As if I hadn't seen enough of Michelle Obama lately  :rolleyes:

Oh wait, I didn't watch the Oscars  :showoff:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

It's funny how the local media is making such a huge deal about Jennifer Lawrence.  Like she gives a shit about Louisville any more now that she's made it big in Hollywood. :rolleyes:  My understanding is that they did the same thing with Tom Cruise, so you'd think they would have learned their lesson already.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on February 25, 2013, 10:21:51 AM
It's funny how the local media is making such a huge deal about Jennifer Lawrence.  Like she gives a shit about Louisville any more now that she's made it big in Hollywood. :rolleyes:  My understanding is that they did the same thing with Tom Cruise, so you'd think they would have learned their lesson already.

West Virginians got themselves all worked up when Jennifer Garner had her breakthrough.  I don't get it, either.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

I didn't even know she was from West Virginia. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points