'Fraud on a massive scale': Europe's horse meat scandal keeps on growing

Started by jimmy olsen, February 16, 2013, 07:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on February 19, 2013, 09:19:41 PM
It would really suck if that is the case. I can just see it now, the Romanians getting all high and mighty and moaning "Why do you always pick on Romania!"

Yeah don't they know their place?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Yeah it looks like the Romanians are in the clear. On the other hand this is one of the British farmers alleged to be involved...
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

That photo takes me back to the height of the mad cow disease scare. On our way through Devon we overtook a car with a "I eat British Beef with Confidence" sticker. As we overtook the car we both glanced back to take a look at the occupants...........well now........centuries of inbreeding and family madness just radiated from that vehicle  :D

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 24, 2013, 11:24:16 AM
Yeah it looks like the Romanians are in the clear. On the other hand this is one of the British farmers alleged to be involved...

John Bull really looks better wearing that hat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Richard Hakluyt

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on February 25, 2013, 08:02:59 AM
Wtf are those animals in the background? Wallabies?
Yep. Apparently he keeps wallabies at his abattoir....
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 19, 2013, 02:38:00 PM
Yeah, fairly sure that prime horsemeat is more expensive than prime beef. Trouble is that a lot of this horsemeat is probably from drugged-up elderly Romanian donkeys  :D

Yeah horses are pretty expensive.  I do not know how my ancestors could afford to have those things pulling them around.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Archy

Apparently there''s now horse meat in the Swedish Meat Balls of Ikea  :ph34r:

The Larch

In the flurry of tests being performed on meat products all over Europe, small percentages of pork have been found on German and Swiss kebab meat.

Rasputin

Who is John Galt?