Cyberterrorism that could make 9/11 pale in comparison

Started by jimmy olsen, February 20, 2013, 09:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 20, 2013, 04:09:44 PM
We must harden our cyber defenses at any cost.

Also, this has been an issue for over 15 years and will be an issue for another 15.

I'd mostly be concerned about watching for social engineering attacks.  Hell, Iran's centrifuges had a literal physical drawbridge between themselves and the Internet, and they still managed to catch Stuxnet by sheer dint of at least one stupid employee with a flash drive.
Experience bij!

Warspite

Something doesn't add up in that article. Given there are 1,008 hours in a six-week period, websites being down for 249 hours would be closer to 25% downtime than 2%, right? Am I missing some vital piece of information?

Incidentally, considering bank websites to be down for "hours at a time" as warfare really is watering down the term.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Neil

It was written by a journalist.  Math and logic aren't their strong suits.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Maybe the 249 hour figure is a combined total and the individual sites were only down 2 pct of the time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?