Russia's double dealing on arms to Assad regime leaves UK isolated over Syria

Started by jimmy olsen, February 18, 2013, 07:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on February 18, 2013, 10:30:03 PM

Nobody suggested that. Soviets and Spanish Communists were both bad guys. The good guys were the republican government that did get embargoed.

The Republican government did deal with Stalin.  In fact, that's where all the Gold in Madrid went.  To Moscow.  They used it to buy weapons.  Unlike the Nazis, Stalin didn't give his weapons away to the Spanish.  The British and French were prevented from bringing in weapons by the embargo.  They simply didn't want too.  Nobody really wanted to arm the Republicans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Viking on February 18, 2013, 10:35:53 PM
Syria seems to be breaking the Anti-Israel alliance as it seems that Hizbullah has actively invaded Syria with as many as 1000 men and Hamas men have been volunteering in large numbers to fight for the rebels.

It's not a surprise that some Hamas men will do that, co-religionists and all; guess how large the Shia community is in Gaza ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"