News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FC 3

Started by 11B4V, February 09, 2013, 07:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Any of you monkeys dig into Far Cry 3 yet?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Waiting on steam summer sale :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Lokking for something to cure the Fallout itch. Nuclear Union is still hasnt been released.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Also waiting on Metro: Last light and Wasteland 2.... :mad:

katmai

It's suppose to be really good (FC3 that is), but yeah waiting to pull trigger now.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

I will be getting FC3 sometime, probably the first time I can get it for under $25.  I have heard it is good, but I won't pay that much for very many games, no matter how good.

Syt

Lots of positive buzz around this game, some call it Skyrim with guns. I think MadBurgerMaker liked it a lot.

And so did RPS, it's their game of the year:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/24/magnificent-and-important-advent-calendar-day-24/

More articles:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/far-cry-3/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Will get it eventually.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Octavian

Quote from: 11B4V on February 09, 2013, 07:59:22 PM

Yes it is great. One of the best open world and fps I have ever played.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Liep

Quote from: Octavian on February 10, 2013, 02:54:29 PM

Yep, it's great fun. I mean, shooting pirates with fire arrows, what's not to like?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on February 11, 2013, 10:26:11 AM
Quote from: Octavian on February 10, 2013, 02:54:29 PM

Yep, it's great fun. I mean, shooting pirates with fire arrows, what's not to like?

Getting mauled by a tiger  :mad:

The red shirt pirates are easy to deal with. I find the animals to be the biggest danger on the islands  :D
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Liep

Yes, it does seem strange that the only place left on earth with an abundance of rare animals is a pirate infested island.

Also, I was oneshotted by a Cassowary. The one I saw in Perth Zoo didn't look like it was such a threat. :unsure:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk