"China is not Happy"; book calls for more aggressive China on world stage

Started by Syt, May 20, 2009, 12:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2009, 07:08:28 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on May 20, 2009, 04:42:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2009, 04:12:03 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on May 20, 2009, 02:07:25 PM
By certain cultures, you mean those that aren't currently on top, right?

Are you saying every single culture that is not the United States is paranoid?  I am not getting your point.

No, it applies to the Russians, the Middle East, China, and India to a lesser extent. This sort of feeling that the rest of the world is out to get you makes more sense if that's how the last two hundred years of history have seemed.

Except they tend not to think that about the US. Or any other power (bar Japan of course). Its just the Europeans who used to pick on them back in the day who they always think still hate China.
To be fair, every decent human being hates China and longs for its liquidation.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2009, 07:26:10 PM
Come to think of it, I've never met a happy Chinaman.
Might have something to do with their womenfolk.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Is the subtitle of the book; "It is vital for you to get a bilateral defence pact with the USA if you are within 5 hours flying distance of China" ?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

We could only hope to see an eventual sequel in a future headline...
"China Is REALLY Not Fucking Happy Now: Japanese Diet Approves Nuclear Armament"

Neil

This is the sort of thing that makes me very receptive to the idea of rearming Japan with atomic weapons.

Siege

Quote from: Neil on May 20, 2009, 07:31:57 PM
This is the sort of thing that makes me very receptive to the idea of rearming Japan with atomic weapons.

But they know how to make nukes, right?

How many can they build per year?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on May 20, 2009, 08:05:27 PM

They don't have the needed processing facilities. Non-nuclear powers usually don't. But give them 5 years and they can be building as many as they want.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on May 20, 2009, 08:07:09 PM
They don't have the needed processing facilities. Non-nuclear powers usually don't. But give them 5 years and they can be building as many as they want.
Never underestimate the cleverness of the Japanese.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on May 20, 2009, 08:05:27 PM

Actually they probably don't know how to make them.  Though they do know how take them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Some guy figured out a way to make money by writing books.  Not satisfied with one bestseller, he now repeats the same ideas in a sequel.  Nothing to see here.

Monoriu

Neil

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on May 20, 2009, 09:36:11 PM
Some guy figured out a way to make money by writing books.  Not satisfied with one bestseller, he now repeats the same ideas in a sequel.  Nothing to see here.

The nice thing about a dictatorship is that public opinion doesn't really matter anyway :P

I am glad this guy is just some nut.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on May 20, 2009, 09:37:30 PM
See me when I retire.

Don't tell me you don't feel a little happy everytime you leave work at night.  I know I do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."