News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Fucking Witcher!
I get to act 3 and *grrrrrrrrrr* it goes to hell and runs like a total dog. I was on fairly low settings anyway to begin with. This doesn't bode well. When I was attacked in the streets at night the entire thing utterly froze up.

QuoteIs that on a console?  Because on the PC (at least mine), if you click too fast you stop the combo attacks and return to the first attack, and attacks get deadlier as the sequence continues.

Early on, it probably doesn't matter, but later in the game, proper timing is critical, and too much clicking means you die (because only late-sequence attacks really hurt the bad guys).
How does it work then?
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Galrion on June 25, 2009, 08:12:12 PM
Quote from: grumbler on June 23, 2009, 06:45:53 PM
Quote from: sbr on June 23, 2009, 06:40:50 PM
I have Morrowind on the Xbox-I know  :rolleyes:- but there are supposedly some pretty good graphics mods as well.
Worth buying the PC version for.

I've never played Morrowind, is it really that good?
Yes depending on what you are looking for. 

As has already been said the graphics are below average, the combat system involves clicking/pulling trigger as quickly as possible with no real strategic/tactical though and the story is very pedestrian--an unknown person with no memory appears and comes to realize he/she is the only one able to save the world from the all-powerful evil being.

However, if you enjoy "sandbox" RPG games Morrowind is brilliant; you could spend hundreds of hours in the game while completely ignoring the main quest/storyline.  I love the way the game handles character advancement: there are no XP's, you improve individual skills by using them, as you improve your skills you advance in levels.  You can play almost any way you want; there is a huge number of classes from warrior to mage to thief to diplomat and pilgrim and any combination of the above.  There is a huge number of side quests and random dungeons and multiple guilds that will give you work/quests.  It would probably be possible to finish the game 100% in one play through but it would be a huge commitment.  IMO it would be pretty easy to replay the game 2-3 times with almost no overlap outside of the main quest, many more with some overlap.

I am 38 and have been playing video games for most of my life and Morrowind is definitely in the Top 10, quite possibly the Top 5 games I have played.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

FunkMonk

FIFA 09 and Fight Night Round 4 for the X-Box 360. Been on a console binge lately.
FIFA 09 is excellent. Still toying with FNR4, but so far it looks like a winner.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Galrion

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 25, 2009, 08:15:17 PM
Super Mario Bros 3.

playing that with my wife.  Every Sunday night we do 1 world, probably have to slow that down as we get higher up.

DisturbedPervert

Finally figured out how to get Dawn of War 2 to run in 800x600, now it's playable.  This is actually a really fun game, the campaign so far is great.  Why they didn't make 800x600 selectable in the settings is beyond me, my comp is way above minimum specs and the game runs like shit unless it's in that resolution.

Iormlund

Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

I just had to install this after spending a couple days in Madrid, since most of the time I was taking one train or another. :P

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on June 23, 2009, 10:47:22 PM
I will probably buy it when I find it on sale but that game stole so much time from me I am afraid of what might happen if I get it on the PC with all of the mods; you may see some random article about some idiot who died at his PC because he hadn't slept or gone to the bathroom in a month.
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 27, 2009, 02:20:41 PM
FIFA 09 and Fight Night Round 4 for the X-Box 360. Been on a console binge lately.
FIFA 09 is excellent. Still toying with FNR4, but so far it looks like a winner.

Yeah I want FNR 4 badly, might just pick it up tomorrow.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on June 30, 2009, 01:56:14 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 27, 2009, 02:20:41 PM

Yeah I want FNR 4 badly, might just pick it up tomorrow.

I've mainly been playing Legacy mode, which is okay. Messed around on XBL a little but got turned off real quick by idiots who would just spam punches forever. It's a good solid game, though. Definitely fun with a buddy next to you.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Norgy

Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion.

It is still enjoyable.

Lucidor

Quote from: Norgy on June 30, 2009, 07:13:06 AM

It is still enjoyable.

Is there a mod to slow it down some that you'd recomend? I like the setting but after RTR it was crazy fast.

derspiess

Godfather II on the 360.  Not as bad as some of the reviews, but it does lack some polish and is too linear (bad story line to boot).  I actually like the game, but it falls way short of its potential.  Look for it in the bargain/clearance BIN in a few short months.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Octavian

Quote from: Lucidor on June 30, 2009, 10:32:33 AM
Quote from: Norgy on June 30, 2009, 07:13:06 AM

It is still enjoyable.

Is there a mod to slow it down some that you'd recomend? I like the setting but after RTR it was crazy fast.

I prefer the Invasio Barbarorum mod(s) myself.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Ed Anger

Played a game of Great War at Sea: Mediterraneanwith the wife earlier. I blew up one British battlecruiser with the Goeben before the RN gangraped it and the Breslau. Damn bitch.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive