News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Alatriste on June 22, 2009, 02:55:00 AM
I have bought Morrowind (PC version, some expansions included) for 4.95 euros...
Mistake.
You may expect a slightly less good Oblivion but its a long way off even that standard.

I've still never finished Oblivion....got too sidetracked with sub quests and trying to do everything.
██████
██████
██████

Alatriste

Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2009, 03:56:06 AM
Quote from: Alatriste on June 22, 2009, 02:55:00 AM
I have bought Morrowind (PC version, some expansions included) for 4.95 euros...
Mistake.
You may expect a slightly less good Oblivion but its a long way off even that standard.

I've still never finished Oblivion....got too sidetracked with sub quests and trying to do everything.

Come on, it has to be worth 5 euros, right?  :(

sbr

IMO Morrowwind was 10 times the game Oblivion was, maybe more.  Morrowind's graphics are not great and to call the combat system a combat system would be giving it way too much credit but everything else is much better.  I spent 100's of hours playing Morrowind and about 10 playing Oblivion.

It is definitely worth the 5 euros.

FunkMonk

Ghostbusters for the 360 is excellent.

That is all.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Queequeg

Emperor:  Rise of the Middle Kingdom.  Addictive and slightly educational.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sophie Scholl

NFL Head Coach 09.  Damn this game is fun.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

fhdz

A remake of Archon was just released for the iPhone.  I'm in heaven. :wub:
and the horse you rode in on

DisturbedPervert

Been playing through the Dawn of War campaigns again.  Since my computer is too slow for Dawn of War 2.   <_<

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2009, 11:08:56 AM
I've just got a hold of the Witcher from a friend, its been on my to play list for a while.
It seems alright.
The combat system I don't understand though, seems to be just click as fast as you can and the enemy miraculously looses hp without you actually slashing him. Odd.
Is that on a console?  Because on the PC (at least mine), if you click too fast you stop the combo attacks and return to the first attack, and attacks get deadlier as the sequence continues.

Early on, it probably doesn't matter, but later in the game, proper timing is critical, and too much clicking means you die (because only late-sequence attacks really hurt the bad guys).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Alatriste on June 22, 2009, 04:05:44 AM
Definitely.  It has a much better atmosphere than Oblivion, even if it doesn't match the graphics.  The mechanics are weaker, but the story infinitely stronger.

Plus, there are far more mods for it because its simpler character interaction system means that mods were a lot easier to make.  It has a lot of legs even without the mods, but with them, it is literally bigger than you will ever have the time to explore.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: grumbler on June 23, 2009, 04:33:06 PM
Quote from: Alatriste on June 22, 2009, 04:05:44 AM
Definitely.  It has a much better atmosphere than Oblivion, even if it doesn't match the graphics.  The mechanics are weaker, but the story infinitely stronger.

Plus, there are far more mods for it because its simpler character interaction system means that mods were a lot easier to make.  It has a lot of legs even without the mods, but with them, it is literally bigger than you will ever have the time to explore.
I have Morrowind on the Xbox-I know  :rolleyes:- but there are supposedly some pretty good graphics mods as well.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on June 23, 2009, 06:40:50 PM
I have Morrowind on the Xbox-I know  :rolleyes:- but there are supposedly some pretty good graphics mods as well.
Worth buying the PC version for.

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: grumbler on June 23, 2009, 06:45:53 PM
I will probably buy it when I find it on sale but that game stole so much time from me I am afraid of what might happen if I get it on the PC with all of the mods; you may see some random article about some idiot who died at his PC because he hadn't slept or gone to the bathroom in a month.

Galrion

Quote from: grumbler on June 23, 2009, 06:45:53 PM

I've never played Morrowind, is it really that good?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.