And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2009, 10:42:25 AM
Quote from: Scipio on June 08, 2009, 09:16:36 AM
Assassin's Creed DE on the PC.  What a pretty game.  A shame that the gameplay turns into a serious grind.

Does your game slow down every 75 seconds too?

Stupid port. (I know how to fix it, I just find it stupid) I gave shit to the QA leader for it, he probably didn't read the email tho.
Nope.  I took off post-processing, and put multisampling to max.  How pretty.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 08, 2009, 10:32:18 AM

I never use it.  I don't think the engine is really optimized for it. Diamond Mind is probably a better choice for a pitch-by-pitch game, although its developer is killing the game.

Haven't been keeping up, how are they doing that JR/Keynes/MM?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Finally got around to starting the Lost and Damned GTA4 expansion thingie I had pre-ordered eons ago for the 360.  I prefer cars to bikes, and the whole biker character thing doesn't do much for me, but it's fun nonetheless.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 08, 2009, 10:32:18 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 08, 2009, 04:15:38 AM
How do you play your game, btw? Do you play out the matches or do you sim?
No consistent method.  I usually at least tweak the lineups.  Often I will auto run a bunch of innings.  If it is still close in the 7th or so, I will take over the rest of the game; I let the comp play out the blowouts. 

QuoteIs one swing batting a good option? 

I never use it.  I don't think the engine is really optimized for it.  Diamond Mind is probably a better choice for a pitch-by-pitch game, although its developer is killing the game.

Hm, I'll see. Often I start a game all on manual, then slowly switch to just adjusting the roster and checking the play-by-play/box scores, and then, at some point, start simming weeks or months.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

I've been playing some Ascendancy. I love the atmosphere, especially the music. I keep wondering how hard would it be to clone it, so I could improve it. :unsure:

KRonn

Quote from: Iormlund on June 09, 2009, 07:53:01 AM
I've been playing some Ascendancy. I love the atmosphere, especially the music. I keep wondering how hard would it be to clone it, so I could improve it. :unsure:
Yeah, that game had nice visuals and "atmosphere". I haven't seen it in many years so no idea how well it's held up visually.

vinraith

My first great space 4XTBS love. :wub:

It's a pity the AI was dumb as a post (even with the Antagonizer AI patch it didn't amount to much) but as with most TBS games at least it took awhile to notice (especially if you were a relative strategy n00b).

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: katmai on June 08, 2009, 09:16:26 PM
Haven't been keeping up, how are they doing that JR/Keynes/MM?

Tom Tippett sold the business and took on a consulting role.  The new owners decided to revamp the game to support some online pseudo-historical sim league.  There doesn't appear to be continuing development of the replay engine.  Though last I checked there were some noises about the new owners revisting the old core product.  I hope they do becuase while DM doesn't have as many features or bells and whistles as OOTP - it still does one thing and it does it very well.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 15, 2009, 10:33:51 AM
FASA's Succession Wars. Finally got an online game got going and nobody dropping out. *knock on wood*

And the game ended with the Davion player winning after smashing my mobile army at Gaeldon and I decided that further resistance was futile with Pesht and Luthien opened up to attack.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Finished The Lost and Damned.  Pretty good add-on for GTA4 overall, aside from the cutscene that showed some dude's schlong.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2009, 02:02:31 PM
Finished The Lost and Damned.  Pretty good add-on for GTA4 overall, aside from the cutscene that showed some dude's schlong.

:w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Seen

Quote from: vinraith on June 09, 2009, 10:29:49 AM

My first great space 4XTBS love. :wub:

It's a pity the AI was dumb as a post (even with the Antagonizer AI patch it didn't amount to much) but as with most TBS games at least it took awhile to notice (especially if you were a relative strategy n00b).
And it needed some sort of auto management beyond specialization in a slightly bigger than small empire.  :bleeding:

If you improve it let us know   :thumbsup:

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2009, 02:36:25 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2009, 02:02:31 PM

:w00t:

Yet no boobies whatsoever in the game.  WTF.

Oh, and the next downloadable content for GTA4 is going to be "The Balland of Gay Tony"  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2009, 09:40:21 PM
Yet no boobies whatsoever in the game.  WTF.

Oh, and the next downloadable content for GTA4 is going to be "The Balland of Gay Tony"  :lol:

Finally something for the fellas who like fellas. I might have to finally breakdown and by an xbox.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.