News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2012, 09:45:17 PM
That's alot of cities! I've never gotten more then 6. Even tried a once city chalenge once.

Yeah I don't know what the hell happened over there for Japan to get so many cities.  They knocked at least 2 other civilizations out of the game and took over at least 1 City State (Warsaw).

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2012, 07:10:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2012, 01:15:51 PM
Got nostalgic and had time to kill so I did a playthrough of Fallout 3.  Went through & did some side quests I had neglected before, particularly in Point Lookout where I had originally just sped through the main storyline.  Was almost like playing a new game. 

Wish they'd get a new Fallout out to us soon :mellow:

Did you ever get New Vegas?  I'm playing through that one again right now.  A big improvement over Fallout 3.

Yep.  I like both about the same but NV probably has more replayability. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

I have a game as the Russians. The Americans have conquered the other continent, must have 15 cities or so and are building the space ship.  I just took out the Huns, who were buddy buddy with Washington and I'm in an alliance with the other power on my continent, Austria.  Will load up a few carriers with nukes and attempt to knock the Americans down with a massive nukuler strike.
PDH!

Scipio

Dragon Age: Origins (trying to win with each available background) and Dragon Age II, subsequent.  Also, still Dishonored, Torchlight II, and XCom.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

I installed STALKER SoC last night.  I'm not used to a game that doesn't babysit/handhold you with checkpoints and autosaves.  At least 3 times I died realizing my last save was 20 minutes ago.  I gotta relearn to spam the quick save button, like in the old days.

Solmyr

I still spam quicksave constantly when I play the TES games, even though they now autosave every time you so much as look at a door.

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on December 04, 2012, 12:55:19 PM
Dragon Age: Origins (trying to win with each available background) and Dragon Age II, subsequent.  Also, still Dishonored, Torchlight II, and XCom.

How is Dishonored?  I picked it up on the last Steam sale, but haven't played it yet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

Quote from: Razgovory on December 04, 2012, 02:37:11 PM
Quote from: Scipio on December 04, 2012, 12:55:19 PM

How is Dishonored?  I picked it up on the last Steam sale, but haven't played it yet.

It's a little hinky, but the controls are forgiving, and the stealth gameplay is absolutely lovely.  They went totally contra-realism to defeat the uncanny valley effect; it's a very pretty game, with a great ability to create tension.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

derspiess

Broke the seal on my Amazon Black Friday copy of Madden 13.  One of the more enjoyable Maddens in recent few years.  The Kinect features are a fun gimmick.  Haven't tried the other gimmick (Xbox Smart Glass) yet; not sure if it's even available.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Started playing Batman: Arkham City on the 360 a couple days ago.  I'm pretty crap as far as fighting games go so that is usually my least favorite part of it, but the stealthy aspect kind of helps make up for it.  Fun picking off bad guys one by one.  And like with Arkham Asylum my kid loves watching me play just to see all the villains.  He's pissed that Killer Croc hasn't shown up yet.

Ed Anger

CKII w/Rome DLC. Chick Empress? Nothing but trouble.

Also, Some Mario Cart. Vroom.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2012, 02:55:19 PM
Started playing Batman: Arkham City on the 360 a couple days ago.  I'm pretty crap as far as fighting games go so that is usually my least favorite part of it, but the stealthy aspect kind of helps make up for it.  Fun picking off bad guys one by one.  And like with Arkham Asylum my kid loves watching me play just to see all the villains.  He's pissed that Killer Croc hasn't shown up yet.

Oh dear, this is going to be Serpent mound all over again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Motherfuck!  The two games I was playing keep having crashes.  Crusader Kings seems to crash when I reach a certain date in August and Fallout New Vegas keeps crashing when I try go into some of the buildings in a town. :mad:

derspiess

In my quest to play all of the really bad historical console FPS's, I bought Sniper Elite 2 for the 360 last night-- it had dropped to $20 at Gamestop.  The ad showed an M1 Carbine with a scope, so I'm expecting big things :w00t:

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2012, 07:42:23 PM
Oh dear, this is going to be Serpent mound all over again.

:lol:  Yeah, well it turns out that you can only encounter Killer Croc at a certain point in the storyline (and only then you briefly talk to him and that's it) and I passed that point.  I had to show him on Youtube and he was not impressed.  At least he stopped asking, though.

Great game, though.  I'm totally crap at the fighting part but the stealthy predator stuff makes up for it.