And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinraith

Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2009, 02:48:33 PM
Gamersgate, English.

Huh, no idea what the issue is then. Other than having a look at their forum I don't know what to suggest. :(

Syt

I was thinking that it may be a problem that it's installed to the system partition of Vista64 where I need to confirm every copy/paste job? (x86-Programs or something?)

I normally install my games to a different partition, but MoW doesn't seem to give me that option (or I clicked too fast).

The path for the mods is "Men of War\mods", right? Asking because I had to create the folder there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

vinraith

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2009, 12:32:14 AM
I was thinking that it may be a problem that it's installed to the system partition of Vista64 where I need to confirm every copy/paste job? (x86-Programs or something?)

I normally install my games to a different partition, but MoW doesn't seem to give me that option (or I clicked too fast).

The path for the mods is "Men of War\mods", right? Asking because I had to create the folder there.

You can install MoW anywhere you want, but it's slightly hidden. When you bring up the installer keep an eye on the bottom of the screen for "advanced install" or the like, I think it's on the EULA screen.

Men of War/mods is the right directory, and you often do have to make it yourself.

Make sure you grabbed and installed all the necessary MS support files, too. There's three as outlined in the link.

Failing that, I'd say try installing it somewhere without a permissions problem and see if that works better.

Syt

Quote from: vinraith on June 02, 2009, 01:05:24 AM
Make sure you grabbed and installed all the necessary MS support files, too. There's three as outlined in the link.

I did that. .NET told me that it was already installed as part of the OS; the others installed fine (I made sure to get the 64 bit version of the last file).

Re-installing will take some time, because I was stupid enough to delete the downloaded file (took over three hours for the 3.3 GB :bleeding: ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

BuddhaRhubarb

Played a few hours of Vice City. I suck at the game, so I just try and make my deaths memorable. Always a good time waster.
:p

Ed Anger

Played some more Sword of the Stars, and whoever decided that "Random Events" means 'fuck the player over with attacks by slavers and Von Neumann machines' needs to be raped by a shard of glass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

For some reason the campaign generator works today. Didn't change anything, and I did reboot already yesterday. :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Never mind, crashes when trying to create a campaign.

I guess I go back to Talonsoft's Campaign Series.  <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

dl'd Jade Empire last night for PC.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on June 03, 2009, 12:27:11 AM
Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2009, 05:52:55 PM
dl'd Jade Empire last night for PC.

pirate!  :mad:

Yeah from those big software pirateers at Bioware. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Ape

Got and is playing Farcry 2, fairly entertaining  :)

Slargos would love it though

fhdz

D&D Tiny Adventures (on Facebook) - it's just fantastic.  Reminds me a little bit of King of Dragon Pass.
Flight Control (on my iPhone) - I am not great at it but still cannot stop playing.
Gravulous (on my iPhone) - it's like shuffleboard. With planets and black holes.  Really.
WordJong (on my iPhone) - sooooooo addictive.  It's Scrabble-meets-those solitaire Mahjong games.
Peggle (on my iPhone) - ridiculously addictive.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! -- A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (on my laptop) - fall off buildings, collect points. Brilliant.
Inago Rage (on my laptop) - rooftop arenas for doing battle.

There are also several other iPhone games to which I am addicted, but I just listed the ones I seem to play most often.
and the horse you rode in on