And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Pedrito on April 15, 2012, 06:59:11 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 14, 2012, 05:14:25 PM
Legend of Grimrock. It's a dumbed down Dungeon Master clone but pretty damn fun.
Looks nice, is the combat real time only? Is there a way to issue commands while paused?

L.

I guess. Haven't tried pausing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Trying to decipher the Conquest of Elysium 3 demo. Wowzers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2012, 08:28:33 PM

Bought.

May do an AAR as a Troll Lord. Name of the Troll Lord? Jaronicus

Ed Anger

My Jaron Troll King was killed by some giant Mushrooms.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2012, 06:23:49 PM

Funny, that's how you'd expect Fireblade to go out.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2012, 11:08:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2012, 06:23:49 PM

Funny, that's how you'd expect Fireblade to go out.

One of the factions in the game grows Weed. No shit.

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2012, 01:26:12 PM

Bought.

So, it looks intriquing (and fugly). I briefly tried the demo and it seemed... odd. Exploring must be fun, but it seemed to get old fast. Opinion after extended play?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on April 18, 2012, 07:32:31 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2012, 01:26:12 PM

Bought.

So, it looks intriquing (and fugly). I briefly tried the demo and it seemed... odd. Exploring must be fun, but it seemed to get old fast. Opinion after extended play?

One day impressions:

I'm liking it so far as the Senator (aka Rome). It's ugly as sin, and has some interface quirks, but its fun. The senator has a 'reveler' that can party in ancient forests, and Satyrs come out and roam the countryside in the area for you. You can recruit these centurions with a bit of magic in them, back them with a shitload of infantry and run over most anything. Until a patch of giant mushrooms poisons half of them. Plus for a tiny bit of gold, the Senator can scry to see what is around with Augers.

I'm not regretting the 30 bucks spent on it.

Ed Anger

A fucking group of 7 trolls killed a third of my army. 30 FUCKING UNITS OUT OF 90.

CoE3 has a weird sense of humor. A Roc is flying around killing my Satyrs, and the fucking snakes keep poisoning my Satyrs.

Razgovory

I am considering buying the new Combat mission game.  Not sure yet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on April 18, 2012, 11:47:00 PM
Normandy?

Yeah.  I like the infantry focus.  Flanking some unsuspecting Germans is tremendous fun.  Also I like arty.  In fact watching the artillery fall down on Germans was what I loved best about the first game.  I find the game genuinely exciting.  It's little moments like in one scenario a guy with a Panzershreck and his buddy snuck up behind a Polish Cromwell and knocked it out.

For some reason, attacking through bocage seems easier then defending in it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Since the long-awaited CK2 patch is fucked up, I continued a Shogun 2 Total War Fall of the Samurai campaign.

FINALLY I found a tweak (had to increase some kind of memory allocation via command line) to stop it from crashing every 5 minutes.

It is fun. Hard difficulty is annoying however, as the AI has much better moral than your troops, and that looks silly. On normal of course, with the same morale levels, you can wrap up AI flanks the usual Total War style and have an easy time. I would need a difficulty level somewhere in between for ideal play.

Revoler cavalry appears to be awesome. I had 4 of them in a big battle, massed on my right, and they just went through enemy morale like hot knife through butter.

Tamas

Apparently, a Hungarian guy has been making a SAM-simulator, and the latest version includes nuclear warhead-tipped launches as well. More info here:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/20/the-flare-path-nukes-and-rebukes/#more-104688

FunkMonk

Anyone have Arma 2? There's this zombie mod called DayZ that looks like what Left for Dead should have been.

http://youtu.be/KRpPIyJDSEQ
http://youtu.be/8gEMpcBTnJk
:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.