News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Played some Magicka. It certainly has its moments but the "No Save" design decision makes me not want to play it. A shame.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Picked up Dungeons of Dredmore from Steam (4.49€). It's a very tongue in cheek roguelike with an accessible graphical interface. Expect to die. A lot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2011, 09:22:21 AM
Picked up Dungeons of Dredmore from Steam (4.49€). It's a very tongue in cheek roguelike with an accessible graphical interface. Expect to die. A lot.

It's fun! ^_^
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

King of the Dragon Pass is coming to Ipads & Iphones everywhere.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

No clue, but I do find the idea of multiplayer with corps command to be intriguing...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Quote from: Drakken on September 07, 2011, 09:48:00 AM
WITP: AE PBEM Highlight - Dec 13th, 1941.

Pulling a anti-Sir Robin on TheLoneGunman, who had the unluckiest Dec 7th 1941 ever as Japan (NONE of my BBs has been sunken on that day, and I still have the Prince of Wales and the Repulse). He even attempted another PH strike three days later to sink at least one, to no avail.

Sent a good chunk of my ABDA fleet to Singkawang in Borneo to intercept his transports and surface fleet after their successful landing, but didn't expect to find BBs there. Lost the USS Boise (snif) and a 1 DD in the vanguard fight, but my main surface fleet surprised the Japs (and TLG himself, it seems). I crippled his BBs in this surprise strike, and went for the kill on its transport fleet (TLG wrote to me that I murdered his transports, but I still have to watch the replay when I am back home).  But no Japanese BB loss confirmed yet.  :(

Neil would be happy: Battleships do what they are supposed to do : destroy ships. It was a good day for the Imperialists, for Queen Wilhelmina, and for the democratic world.

Who said playing the Allied in WITP is all about running away for six months? And yes, for a newb in WITP I am damn proud of myself. It's really a game that can be gut-wrenching when playing it in PBEM, but psychologically rewarding when you pull good moves. :bowler:

Atypical game, though.  I feel sorry for the Japanese player.

You know, I never did play a Centrifugal Campaign game, only the early 1942 scenario, which tended to be pretty short. :yeah:

Anyway, almost broke 300k in Tetris (283,000) starting from level 10.  I think this is pretty good?  I cleared 223 lines, anyway.

Actually managed to beat my lousy Pac-Man high score, but only by a measly 1000 points or so.

Also been playing a bit of For the Glory, as Venice.  Went for the conquest of Byzantium early on as always, then wound up absorbing Austria and Hungary practically by accident, as well as sizeable estates in Italy, all of Slavonia, and the only Greek province I'm missing is Trebizond.  I also managed to acquire a still-Catholic Lebanon through the inheritance of Cyprus, which was cool.  However, I'm annoyed now because I'm fighting quasi-bad boy wars (I guess this would be the term, as I'm actually only at about half of my BB max).  It's not so much dogpiles by everybody, as it is war with every remaining major who borders me every five years.  It does them no favors, because I'm the biggest country in Europe with a great culture set and thus a relatively homogenous, stable, powerful empire, and I can even afford the constant minting because I've already got a large mayor network, it's just bothersome to have to fight Spain, England, France and Poland over and over when neither side can really win...

Well, I could win, by destroying them, but that would just lead to constant warfare with everybody.  I suppose I could vassalize France, Spain and Poland relatively easily.  They're mostly Catholic, too, so annexing at least one of them could be very profitable.  Preferably Poland though.  Overseas counter-insurgency is an unbelievable pain in the ass, and is the main reason I've never gone full-WC in EU2.

If I have a major regret in the game, it's not sacking Madrid early on so I could get in on the colonization game.  I'm the strongest state in Europe and I don't know what North Am looks like. :wacko:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Pishtaco

I finally managed to shoot somebody down in multiplayer Il 2. I'm on the brink of ordering trackir and pedals.

I re-installed Silent Hunter III, and installed the Grey Wolves mod, since everybody raves about it. So far I've noticed that it's made the ship recognition book unusably large, and is full of sound clips from Das Boot. I gather it doesn't fix the annoying crew crash bug. Plus it's clear from the installation process and the splash screens that the modders have terrible taste. What's so great about it?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 11:45:55 PM
Yet another Gettysburg game :bleeding:

Of course. :D I'll probably get it. Has good reviews overall. Just wanted to see if anyone here has any hands on. This is a fickle crowd in a good way in that aspect.

Octavian

Bought and downloaded the Lost and Damned DLC for GTAIV. It's fun!
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

BuddhaRhubarb

found thrift store copies (in minty shape, the discs) of GTA 3 & Liberty City stories, neither of which I've played for quite some time, so played a bunch yesterday while a bit hungover. mostly liberty city stories actually as I got sucked into it faster. good old school times. :thumbsup:

I might be getting a PS3 or Xbox in the future though, my Blu ray player is dying ( just after the warranty expires, weird, eh? :p )  and I'm thinking of going PS 3 so that I still have Blu ray, and better graphics for occasional bursts of gaming.
:p

Darth Wagtaros

Using the new PC to play Fall From Heaven, hopefully I can play through to late game instead of it melting down with my cruddy old computator.
PDH!

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Pishtaco on September 12, 2011, 01:02:40 AM
I finally managed to shoot somebody down in multiplayer Il 2. I'm on the brink of ordering trackir and pedals.

I re-installed Silent Hunter III, and installed the Grey Wolves mod, since everybody raves about it. So far I've noticed that it's made the ship recognition book unusably large, and is full of sound clips from Das Boot. I gather it doesn't fix the annoying crew crash bug. Plus it's clear from the installation process and the splash screens that the modders have terrible taste. What's so great about it?

It adds many more ships. improves realism and improves the AI.
ive never tried vanilla. Never really wanted to since the mod itself is very fun.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help