News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Anyone playing good game nowadays?

I think I should look into some casual style games. I feel like every game I own requires too much commitment and time to be enjoyable. Something without Levels.

I played Borderlands but travel in the game is excruciating with the mobs respawning at a crazy rate.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2011, 12:29:17 PM
I played Borderlands but travel in the game is excruciating with the mobs respawning at a crazy rate.

That's to distract you from noticing that the game isn't very good.  Clearly, it didn't work.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

I've been playing a new game every week. In April it started with Hoard, a simple beer-and-pretzels game that's kind of fun and was $9. Then I wasted $10 on Rainbow Six 3 which was a buggy POS. Next I reinstalled Patrician 3 and had fun with that, then bought Anno 1503 ($7) thinking it would be like Patrician but in the new world - it isn't, but it's more like Tropico. That inspired me to get Tropico 1 & 2 ($3), and just recently I got the Sega Classics pack ($7.50).

Sigh, being unemployed, bored, and having spending money actually kind of sucks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got Battlestations Pacific, but uninstalled it because it takes up too much space (really need to get a bigger HD) and two indie RPGs back in March that I've been playing off and on. Also got Space Rangers 2, but haven't played it yet. Pretty much everything I've bought has been on sale and under $10, so it's not too bad.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

I think I might just start playing Mario 64 again.

I was playing some DFO. It's quite nice but the F2P model makes it that everything interesting I have to spend money to get it.

Slargos

Starcraft.

I'd like to get a new game, but as has been the rule the last 4-5 years, I get all excited about new releases and by the time they roll around I've already lost interest.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Habbaku on May 06, 2011, 12:37:01 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2011, 12:29:17 PM

That's to distract you from noticing that the game isn't very good.  Clearly, it didn't work.

I think you might be right, lol.

MadBurgerMaker

Been playing Fallout New Vegas a lot recently.

Cerr

I finished Portal 2 last night. It was great.
Will have to try the co-op sometime.

Started playing Mass Effect 2. Enjoying it so far.

Grey Fox

EA week on Steam is such a fucking let down.

sbr

I picked up the Crysis/Warhead bundle yesterday for $10.  Not too many other EA series that interest me that I don't already own.

Razgovory

Crushed the Confederacy in Sid Meier's Gettysburg!  No I'm going to practice with the Confederates.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Pedrito

Starcraft 2 campaign, excellent  :cool:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

Any of you nerds play Pokemon?

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 06, 2011, 08:40:56 PM
Been playing Fallout New Vegas a lot recently.
Get http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41480 and go to the DC wasteland in FONV if you have FO3.  This mod is playable now, though still not greatly mod-friendly (especially if you play mods that build on other mods or if you play with FWE).  The only downside is that you have to start over in both games.  No campfires in the DC wasteland, either.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!