News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Picked up Mercenaries 2 for a 5er. I expected little, and that's what I get. AI is dumb as bread, graphics don't compare to Bioshock or Crysis. At the same time it's fun to blow shit up (and you can blow up everything), and it has a distinct mindless 1980s action c-movie feel to it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

vinraith

Quote from: Syt on April 12, 2009, 08:06:59 AM
Picked up Mercenaries 2 for a 5er. I expected little, and that's what I get. AI is dumb as bread, graphics don't compare to Bioshock or Crysis. At the same time it's fun to blow shit up (and you can blow up everything), and it has a distinct mindless 1980s action c-movie feel to it.

It's terrible the state they left that game in. The first one was fantastic, and actually required some smart play. The second one is a broken, braindead mess.

Iormlund

Back to Mount & Blade with The Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod. I've played up to lvl 26 with an Ottoman character. I have a nice castle right next to the Spanish Kingdom's capital full of lethal Janissaries, Sipahis and any other Ottoman troop available. My character is fairly weak, I have only advanced a few charisma skills (mostly leadership) in order to field as many soldiers as possible. I'm also just discovering how fast you can level troops with training.
Going against the Tercios is very easy. I just wipe them out with massed projectile volleys, since everyone in the army but a few heavy infantry dudes carries either a firearm (Janissaries) or a bow. Ze Krauts are harder, but I minimize casualties with enough cavalry. Russians give me a lot of grief, they seem to reach my positions very quickly (I guess I could try all cavalry armies with them). Haven't gone against HRE or Pope yet.

I think I'm going to take the lessons learned and start a pseudo-Roman campaign, based on a crapload of Ellisian Pedes heavy infantry and a few Scorridori and companions as auxiliary cavalry.

Viking

WiF:FE

It's J/F 1944, the Allies are at Falaise and in Calabria. The Russians are attacking a line from stretching from Odessa to Königsberg. The British are in Rangoon with Strat bombers that can reach the NEI Oil, The Americans are on land in the Phillipines, but still haven't retaken Rabul or Truck (yes, they took and then lost Truk), the americans will be out for a while as they need to restock their carriers, since the bulk of US naval aviation was watched by the bulk of US Naval aviators crash into the China Sea from their parachutes. China has surrendered and the Japs have taken Vladivostok. Oslo and Copenhagen are allied as well and Greece and Finland have stayed out of the war.

Slargos is Russia and I am the CW. The race to Berlin in on.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Don't anybody say a fucking thing to even slightly besmirch Wallet In Flames, lest they incur the wrath of Viking's production table.

Syt

Quote from: vinraith on April 12, 2009, 12:09:29 PM

It's terrible the state they left that game in. The first one was fantastic, and actually required some smart play. The second one is a broken, braindead mess.

Apparently my save games disintegrated over night and instead of mission 4 or 5 I'm back at mission 2. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

vinraith

Quote from: Syt on April 13, 2009, 04:49:32 AM

Apparently my save games disintegrated over night and instead of mission 4 or 5 I'm back at mission 2. :lol:

:( Have you got a PS2 or a non-360 Xbox? The original game was an absolute blast, and didn't have these problems.

Scipio

Witcher: EE.  So much better than the original.  Especially on hard difficulty.  A totally different game.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Quote from: vinraith on April 13, 2009, 04:33:35 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 13, 2009, 04:49:32 AM

:( Have you got a PS2 or a non-360 Xbox? The original game was an absolute blast, and didn't have these problems.

No.

I'm also surprised how, an hour or two of net playing time has me at "9% completed". :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

syk

Pedrito

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Wii Edition. ..it's wonderful  ^_^

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

Finished with Napoleon's Campaigns again. Shoving Wellington up Joesph Bonaparte's ass was a hoot, and always shall remain a hoot.

Trying to find something that doesn't bore me as soon as I boot it up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

vinraith

10 days and 30+ hours into King's Bounty: The Legend. I'm enjoying it enormously, and am pleasantly surprised that I appear to have somewhere between half and 2/3 of the game left to go.

Queequeg

This summer I plan on reconquering all of the old Persian Empire as the Pahlavan in EB-Alexander.  Am excited. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

fhdz

Quote from: vinraith on April 19, 2009, 01:40:19 PM
10 days and 30+ hours into King's Bounty: The Legend. I'm enjoying it enormously, and am pleasantly surprised that I appear to have somewhere between half and 2/3 of the game left to go.

I should have bought it when it was 10 bucks. :(
and the horse you rode in on