News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Because they are the best PC gamepad out there.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Sorry to hear that DP, as on xbox it was a kickass game, one of my top ones from last year.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

As for me, Star Trek Online beta, EU III, and Fight Night 4 (on sexbox)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HisMajestyBOB

I spent the week playing Princess Maker 2.
My little girl grew up to become a Magic Teacher, thanks to spending hours slaughtering countless monsters.
And she married the prince!   :bowler: :wub:
I am: awesome father.  :cool:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: katmai on January 08, 2010, 07:06:14 AM
Sorry to hear that DP, as on xbox it was a kickass game, one of my top ones from last year.

Yeah, I watched a video review of it this week and it looked incredible so I rushed out to get it.  Oh well, on the shelf till I get a new computer later this year.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 08, 2010, 07:04:31 AM
Because they are the best PC gamepad out there.

Maybe so, maybe not, but why ONLY support a 360 gamepad on the PC?  If I had a 360 and a 360 gamepad, I'd just play on the 360.  My gamepad works with all my other games.  After more research there is a 360 emulator program that allows non 360 gamepads to work with the game, but you shouldn't have to do that. 

Grey Fox

I have a 360 gamepad, I don't own an Xbox 360.

As to why? It's a "Game for Windows Live" game, it's probably in the requirements.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 08, 2010, 12:04:47 PM
As to why? It's a "Game for Windows Live" game, it's probably in the requirements.

Another thing that annoys me, the game doesn't mention anything about GFWL on the box, you don't find out about it or the 360 gamepad until you open it up.  I hate GFWL. 

Queequeg

Fallout 3 is very fun, even if it is way too combat oriented. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

A couple friends and I have long been interested in trying p&p RPGs. After some debate we've settled for the Serenity RPG. The game has some advantages:

We're all fans of the series Firefly.
The rules are not too complex, i.e. n00b friendly (esp. with regards to combat).
It's a very flexible setting.

Also, I like that the game rewards acting out character flaws. Think a normal hospital heist going almost wrong, because the greedy crew mate has tried to sell out two certain fugitive crew characters. Or a certain captain returning vital meds to people who need them instead of handing them to the sadistic maniac who contracted you to steal them due to his "codex". acting out those flaws and putting the group at a disadvantage is rewared by "plot points" which can be used to influence plot, die rolls or - when the adventure is over - char advancement.

The rules are made with the goal in mind that things not only will but should go wrong in order to have a fun adventure. Additionally, the rule book is written in the language style as is used in the series (which will sadly be lost as we will play in German, though we will try to use stuff from the Chinese phrase book).

I volunteered to be the GM. We'll have a prelim meeting coming monday for rule review and char creation. A fun blunder it will be. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

syk

Syt

It's based on the Cortex RPG system and comes from Margaret Weiß Prod.:
http://www.margaretweis.com/wp/game-products/serenity/serenity-rpg/

They also have a BSG RPG. I found some sources on the net, too, which had neat ideas, additional ships/equipment, handy charts etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Just finished Mass Effect. Ended up reducing the difficulty to easy around halfway because I was much more interested in the story than in funky fighting.

Wow. Just wow. Got the Renegade ending. Cool.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on January 09, 2010, 05:01:01 PM
Just finished Mass Effect. Ended up reducing the difficulty to easy around halfway because I was much more interested in the story than in funky fighting.

Wow. Just wow. Got the Renegade ending. Cool.
Yeah, I liked that ending as well.

Peculiarly, though, I find I have no interest in the sequel (or in replaying the first game).  It was great, but once was enough.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Currently playing Arcanum, which I have had for years but never more than futzed with.  I think in a weekend's play I have gotten further than any previous attempt.

What's funny is that, as soon as I went back into the character editor, i remembered exactly the thought process I used to create my last character maybe four years ago.  So, a gunner herbalist it is again!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!