News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Tyr on August 14, 2020, 03:40:05 AM
Space planes are in there by default? I thought they were mods only?
Thats where my kerbal experiments fell down. Got too wrapped up in mods.

Long ago that was true, now it's part of the base game.

HVC

Quote from: frunk on August 13, 2020, 10:22:50 PM
Been getting back into Kerbal Space Program after a long time away.  I've gotten about as far as I've ever done before, plus a little.  I've explored and landed on Mun and Minmus and sent out a probe into the Kerbol system.  Now I'm almost ready to start exploring outside the local Kerbal area.

I finally dug into the space plane area too.  It's fun to have a flight simulator built in where you have to build your own planes from scratch.

Been playing some kerbal as well. Fun little game. steep learning curve on some stuff (docking ships for me) but once you get the handle of it it's not too bad
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

frunk

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2020, 09:34:36 AM
Been getting back into Kerbal Space Program after a long time away.  I've gotten about as far as I've ever done before, plus a little.  I've explored and landed on Mun and Minmus and sent out a probe into the Kerbol system.  Now I'm almost ready to start exploring outside the local Kerbal area.

I finally dug into the space plane area too.  It's fun to have a flight simulator built in where you have to build your own planes from scratch.

Been playing some kerbal as well. Fun little game. steep learning curve on some stuff (docking ships for me) but once you get the handle of it it's not too bad

Do you have any of the DLCs?  If so, do they add much?

HVC

Quote from: frunk on August 16, 2020, 01:48:30 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2020, 09:34:36 AM

Do you have any of the DLCs?  If so, do they add much?

First one doesn't add much, a scenario editor and some parts. The second DLC adds robotic stuff (pistons, hinges and motors) and science things. Makes career mode easier since more science.

a new game is coming out soonish I think, so money might be better spent on that.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Foxhole - a new update was released last week.  Lots of new vehicles, tech revamp, structure improvements, logistics improvements, map overhaul, and a lot more.  Game is still in Beta but this is the first time it has felt like a game nearing release - although I think the devs have said it is still about a year out.  I think there is a steam sale because tons of knew players.  There are just under 2000 players on at a time atm.

Iormlund

With the second wave crashing around me I finally got into Classic.

Created an undead Warlock, which is now level 24.

I can definitely see the allure of vanilla, and also why WoW became what I later played in Cata. The overtuned elite quests are a nice challenge and there's a lot of spontaneous partying going on. OTOH, I've spent a couple hours waiting for a group to enter Shadowfang Keep, with no success.

Syt

Been playing a bit of War Thunder tank battles at the moment. I'm still in the 2.0 range with my USSR tanks, but it's a decent diversion in arcade mode.

I tried a "realistic mode" battle yesterday. Oddly, the game becomes much harder when your tanks don't drive like race cars, your turret turns slower, your crew skill (or lack thereof) has a bigger impact on your performance, enemies don't have helpful markers above them at all times, and the aim cursor doesn't indicate whether or not your shot will penetrate.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I noticed Mass Effect: Andromeda was on sale fox like six bucks via Origin so I figured I'd give it a shot.

So far, I really enjoy it.  I'm not sure why it got so much hate? :hmm:  Maybe it was just super buggy when it got released and the thing with the weird facial animations?  If so, all of that seems to have long since been fixed.  My main character does look a little weird, though... the character creation tool doesn't do the best job of modeling what their face will look like once you actually get into the game.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I've never understood why it got so much hate either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I've been toying with getting it myself, but I heard the story and dialogue are pretty bad? I care more for that than graphics bugs.

frunk

I said that I was almost ready to explore outside the Kerbin area almost a month ago, but I still haven't done that.  I've been busy setting up a Minmus refueling station and waiting for Eve to come around Kerbol.

I've also had my first Kraken explosion.  Clipping parts and Grabbing tools make for a bad combination.

11B4V

Well it was going to be Touch of Evil, but they sent another copy of The Coast expansion.. :mad:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

I'd like to say I've been replaying Skyrim (Special Edition, this time), but in truth, all I've been doing since last Sunday night was modding the game :P

And now I found out I made a mistake in my mods (actually, two, one I did not understand clearly before Thursday, but it's inconsequential for now) and I have to find which one was problematic.

I think I'm having just as much fun with the modding part than the playing part :P
EDIT:
At least, I know the game is (well, was) working right, I created my character and go to the beggining of my new adventure. :)  It looks beautiful.  I may upload screenshots later. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on September 05, 2020, 09:31:16 AM
I've been toying with getting it myself, but I heard the story and dialogue are pretty bad? I care more for that than graphics bugs.
that's what I've been told by a long time Mass Effect fan.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

I think I can be considered a long term fan and I don't think it was particularly problematic. Of course, it was completely different story wise from anything in the original Mass Effect series.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.