News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Started Valkyria Chronicles yesterday. Anime kids are fighting WW2 in a fantasy world. It's unit management, tactics, and loads of anime cutscenes. I've been warned by viewers that it can get grindy and pretty hard.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2018, 02:25:37 AM
Started Valkyria Chronicles yesterday. Anime kids are fighting WW2 in a fantasy world. It's unit management, tactics, and loads of anime cutscenes. I've been warned by viewers that it can get grindy and pretty hard.

I liked the game, but the tank controls with a mouse bugged the hell out of me.

garbon

They did take some getting used to. Not sure I'd want to again. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I'm using  controller, so I'm ok so far. :) So far I've played up to where you select your squad and tried the first skirmish.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

its awesome.
I can't recall it ever getting too grindy.
Sadly the sequels never made it to PC :(
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on July 02, 2018, 02:27:10 PM
its awesome.
I can't recall it ever getting too grindy.
Sadly the sequels never made it to PC :(

VC4 is coming to PC, though. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadBurgerMaker

Eve Online.  :bleeding:  I don't know why I do this to myself.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 04, 2018, 01:40:45 AM
Eve Online.  :bleeding:  I don't know why I do this to myself.

I thought it was so you could be on that monument in Iceland.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on July 04, 2018, 11:48:44 AM
I thought it was so you could be on that monument in Iceland.

Huh.  I don't remember ever seeing that.  :hmm: That's....something.... 

Scipio

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption.

Pretty fun successor to the Quest for Glory games. The PC is an inveterate punster.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Finally starting to get into The Witcher 3.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

schaksen

Humble Monthly had Conan, I've been playing around with that. Feels like ARK in a more (to me) interesting setting.
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

BuddhaRhubarb

Skyrim on my ol ps3. my first character to make it past 2nd or 3rd level before i got bored of sucking at the game. i picked it out of my pile of non fallout games simply because i wanted a sandbox that was pretty in contrast to fallouts' wasteland aesthetic, which mostly suits me well. the lack of VATs is annoying to me when i try any new game that doesn't have something similar. anyway i was going through my old saves, newest one was from 4 years ago, i had somehow got my character to 8th level but quit when i couldn't get past some witches who kept ambushing and i just could not react fast enough to beat them. but this time around, i figured it out on the first try. run at them with two handed axe. and heal over and over when i get a chance to breathe. from there i played most of last weekend and this weekend and rounded my character with the predictable name Pris to 14th. sticking with the two handed mostly for fighting, enjoying having almost equal stamina, health and magicka. really using the ethereal shout to some spectacular one hit kills, letting folks try to hit me, then getting in an awesome power attack. bam. when it works it's so fun. i still really suck at archery, and find the aiming too hard for my several thumbed hands. so button mashing and lots of self healing is doing the trick for me. potions are a luxury.

next weekend i will be starting my new mutants and masterminds rpg that starts of in the late 40's America, with lots of of the era styled heroes and villains. but which is whitch?
:p

Valmy

Quote from: Scipio on July 13, 2018, 03:02:33 PM
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption.

Pretty fun successor to the Quest for Glory games. The PC is an inveterate punster.

Yeah it is pretty fun. If you enjoyed QfG I would pick it up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Taking a few days off from WoW before I try to plow through the pre-expansion content.  I'm thinking of giving LotRO another go.  It's been a few years.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."