News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I was gifted Civ: Beyond Earth, which is pretty decent.

Also, I bought a game called Starsector for $15. It's sort of Mount-and-Blade-in-space, but with a top-down perspective. You control a ship or fleet, flying around different star systems doing essentially whatever you want. Trading, smuggling, bounty hunting, whatever. The latest patch essentially completely revamped the game. http://fractalsoftworks.com/blog/

QuoteA quick look at what's new in this release:

Trade, smuggling, and a working economy with many commodities to buy and sell
Four more star systems
More detailed player-faction relationships – gain reputation and get access to better equipment
Event system – food shortages, bounties, etc
Ship skins for faction-specific flavor
More music
A slew of miscellaneous improvements and balance changes

Apparently the modding community is huge as well.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Scipio

Killer is Dead Nightmare Edition. What a goofy-ass anime douchecanoe simulator.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 26, 2014, 10:15:09 AM
Also, I bought a game called Starsector for $15. It's sort of Mount-and-Blade-in-space, but with a top-down perspective. You control a ship or fleet, flying around different star systems doing essentially whatever you want. Trading, smuggling, bounty hunting, whatever. The latest patch essentially completely revamped the game. http://fractalsoftworks.com/blog/

Four more star systems
More detailed player-faction relationships – gain reputation and get access to better equipment
More music

That looks rather interesting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Four more star systems
More music

Single Player only?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

What's the deal with Steam where I sometimes get the error 53, Steam servers are too busy to handle the request. This is just trying to run a game. And sometimes when I don't connect to Steam I can't play a game. What do you all do when these things happen?

This is the help on it: The Delete of steam.exe article doesn't exist, and the other conditions don't apply.
Incomplete Installation (53)

IOLO System Mechanic Professional and F-Prot Antivirus are known to interfere with Steam and cause this error.  Please also try following the suggestions in the Delete of steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 5 Access is denied article.

Grey Fox

Disable your firewall, try again.

KRonn

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 27, 2014, 09:06:11 PM
Disable your firewall, try again.

I'll keep that in mind next time. Thanks.

I rebooted the computer and got into the game with no problem. I've been playing Civ 5 with no problems but this sometimes happens, though rarely.

Grey Fox

It could just be your connection to the steam servers that is dropping too many packets.

KRonn

Yeah, maybe so, a bad connection. It's a rare issue and a bit frustrating, and was wondering if it's an issue with Steam which causes problems with running their games. After browsing the Steam forums I was wondering if others here have this same issue at times.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 27, 2014, 07:29:49 AM

Four more star systems
More music

Single Player only?

Yes
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

I was just given Watch Dogs on that primitive thing called the DVD. Does it come with 3 discs? Why yes it does! ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: Scipio on October 26, 2014, 10:34:31 AM
Killer is Dead Nightmare Edition. What a goofy-ass anime douchecanoe simulator.

he he he said douchecanoe
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

I've been playing Wind Waker HD remake on the WiiU & I have started suffering from Japanese Bullshit syndrome.

I am, almost, at the end of the game and only BS objective to extend & delay the game remains. I'm trying my hardest to finish the game but my enjoyment of it has almost bottomed out.

<_<

Scipio

Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2014, 02:00:04 PM
Legend of Grimrock 2. Great.
Compared to the first, how does it hold up?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt