And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Scipio on September 02, 2013, 08:24:53 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2013, 08:21:58 AM
I still can`t understand what you guys dig in that super-simplistic and boring Arkham City game.
Well, you're not the goddamn Batman.

The best (most disturbing?) thing about the classic line:

is said to his new, 12 year old, traumatized sidekick who he just kidnapped from the crime scene mere minutes after the boy's parents were shot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Beetman don't has time for feelings. There are hubcaps to steal.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Played some Hammerwatch with friends and had a blast.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2013, 08:21:58 AM
I still can`t understand what you guys dig in that super-simplistic and boring Arkham City game.

Simplistic games can be fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Crysis 2. It's not a very good game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 02, 2013, 06:42:16 PM
Crysis 2. It's not a very good game.

No.  It's not.  I was really disappointed.  It was trying and failing to be Half-Life 2.  I liked the first game, where I would drive around shooting down helicopters and other such silliness.  I just couldn't get excited about the game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

I deleted my World of Warcraft install. :o It's out of date that it's going to be easier to simply download a fresh installer from Blizzard rather then install patches if I ever decide to play again.

MadImmortalMan

Last night I spent the evening playing Expeditions: Conquistador.

It's a lot like King's Bounty. It's got to be the same engine. But it's a bit better so far. You're a dude with a small band of followers who wants to go get some New World glory. You get to Hispaniola and have to jump through some hoops for the governor before you head off to Mexico. You get to pick ten or eleven followers of various types (scholar, doctor, soldier, scout, hunter), and they can get better with experience. I don't know how much use I'll get out of it, but it's a decent time sink. Worth twenty but not fifty.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Theater of War 2 Africa. Typical buggy russian bullshit.

Good thing I got those games in one of those bundles
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Grey Fox

Decided to try Tera. I like how it's mostly Wow Vanilla with action mode but I don't know. All games seems to suck nowadays.

I want to be told a good story!

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2013, 08:48:05 AM
Decided to try Tera. I like how it's mostly Wow Vanilla with action mode but I don't know. All games seems to suck nowadays.

I want to be told a good story!

There's this primitive form that you might want to try out.

http://www.amazon.com/books-used-books-textbooks/b/ref=sa_menu_bo?ie=UTF8&node=283155
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

It's not the same. :weep:

Based on Meri's recommendation, I'm reading Codex of Alera.

Grey Fox

Damn it. Lost my KoA: Reckoning save. Actually, I forgot to copy it before a format earlier this year. I can find it with a recovery utility but it's content is not good.

:(

The Brain

Began playing Inquisitor. Very promising so far if you like sprites and old-skool RPGs. Which any sane person does.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.