Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

Started by jimmy olsen, February 05, 2013, 12:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on February 05, 2013, 10:08:17 AM
You and DGuller are far worse

You mean they take Berkut and grumbler's posts more seriously than you do?  :o

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: Tamas on February 05, 2013, 05:22:05 AM
As you well know, I was pointing out the ridicoulous tribalism in American politics (or most politics, as a matter of fact)

On the Democratic side, they went from OMG BUSHITLER to IT IS PERFECTLY FINE TO ASSASSINATE AMERICAN CITIZENS IF THE PRESIDENTS WANTS TO!

On the other side, they went from WATERBOADING IS GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN to OMG TEH CIVIL RIGHT OUTRAGE!

We think we are so sophisticated with our politics, where as in fact we are hardly better than shit-flinging monkeys.

I was never against the assassination of American citizens.  I was against torture and indefinite imprisonment (and to the extent those continue, Obama sucks).  It's called nuance.

Lincoln extrajudicially killed more than 72,000 Americans, no one ever gives him any shit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 05, 2013, 06:29:55 PM
Lincoln extrajudicially killed more than 72,000 Americans, no one ever gives him any shit.
No one? How can someone from South Carolina say that with a straight face?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2013, 06:41:04 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 05, 2013, 06:29:55 PM
No one? How can someone from South Carolina say that with a straight face?

He said it with his gay face.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

So if I understood that correctly, a US citizen can be blown up with a drone missile for terrorizing a forum by starting too many threads?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 05, 2013, 06:48:16 PM
So if I understood that correctly, a US citizen can be blown up with a drone missile for terrorizing a forum by starting too many threads?

What about a non US citizen living in Poland, as an example?

lustindarkness

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 05, 2013, 06:49:11 PM

Not worth the price of the missile, it could better be used on an Islamic extremist terrorist.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

dps

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 05, 2013, 06:50:30 PM

Not worth the price of the missile, it could better be used on an Islamic extremist terrorist.

Not worth a bullet, either.  Maybe a job for a guy with a knife.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Quote from: dps on February 05, 2013, 07:13:25 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on February 05, 2013, 06:50:30 PM

Not worth a bullet, either.  Maybe a job for a guy with a knife.

Yes.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on February 05, 2013, 03:20:49 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2013, 03:07:25 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 05, 2013, 02:19:48 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2013, 12:08:49 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2013, 12:04:42 AM
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

And a stitch in time saves nine. BFD STFU.

The sad part is that if this was done in the Bush era, you would be the thread starter, and Timmy would defend it as no big deal.
No I wouldn't

maybe. But derspiess would

I'm on record as saying I don't have a problem with the drone thing. Sorry T :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on February 05, 2013, 02:19:48 AM
The sad part is that if this was done in the Bush era, you would be the thread starter, and Timmy would defend it as no big deal.
I've said many times that I think the one group that can feel legitimately betrayed by Obama are the civil libertarians. They do. They get furious.

Luckily they don't matter anywhere.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.