"American Sniper" Chris Kyle shot dead at shooting range

Started by Syt, February 03, 2013, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2013, 08:48:39 AM
Does anyone think that Marty isn't being an ass?

I'm reasonably sure that everyone is aware that he's being an ass.  The question is whether or not he's being so deliberately in order to troll, or if it's just the way he really is.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: dps on February 06, 2013, 11:17:30 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2013, 08:48:39 AM
Does anyone think that Marty isn't being an ass?

I'm reasonably sure that everyone is aware that he's being an ass.  The question is whether or not he's being so deliberately in order to troll, or if it's just the way he really is.

Either way, he's getting the attention he wants.  I think we'd all be best served by giving him less of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 11:20:47 AM
Why should I care?

No real reason any of us should actually care;  it's just that it can be fun to speculate.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: dps on February 06, 2013, 11:17:30 AM

Not sure the choice is quite as binary as you make it out to be.  Trolls are motivated by the desire to upset other people.  Marty, the real person, enjoys making offensive comments.  It validates his belief that he's bravely standing up the mob.  So yes, he's trolling, and yes, that's just the way he is.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 06, 2013, 03:45:31 AM
The fact that this forum's jingoistic flag-waving Yanks have been exposed to people who do not have their heads so deep in the military butts does not mean this changed your attitudes a bit - it just shows there is no point in arguing as you will always see this as "Europeans shit-talking about the U.S. military".

Heh.  Even if this was an entirely fair assesment the reason you are not changing anybody's mind is because your arguements resemble those used by Fred Phelps.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 06, 2013, 06:58:24 AM
You understand repeating something really stupid doesn't make it a more forceful argument?
You understand that shit-flinging monkeys fling shit because of genetics, not choice?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2013, 11:43:07 AM
Either way, he's getting the attention he wants.  I think we'd all be best served by giving him less of it.

That depends on whether you think the shit-flinging Marti is more amusing than the Marti that bursts into tears and "quits forever" for four hours or so.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on February 06, 2013, 12:12:36 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2013, 11:43:07 AM

That depends on whether you think the shit-flinging Marti is more amusing than the Marti that bursts into tears and "quits forever" for four hours or so.

Hmm... well, rage-quitting Marti is a fun spectacle. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

I thought rage quit Marti was the reason we kept him around.  Well that and the fact that CdM allows Marti to stay so long as Neil allows Timmay to stay.

Eddie Teach

I don't think Neil would let him perma-ban Marti either.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 06, 2013, 12:16:43 PM
Well that and the fact that CdM allows Marti to stay so long as Neil allows Timmay to stay.

Mutally Assured Annoyance.

Valmy

You have got to be kidding me.  Marty may not perfect but he is a beloved part of this forum.  Think how much less histrionic things would be without him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2013, 01:04:15 PM
You have got to be kidding me.  Marty may not perfect but he is a beloved part of this forum.
:yeahright:
Think how much less histrionic things would be without him.
Yea, wouldn't it be lovely?