"American Sniper" Chris Kyle shot dead at shooting range

Started by Syt, February 03, 2013, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on February 04, 2013, 10:22:15 AM
It's not just that he was a sniper. I read an interview with him and he was a fucked up, deranged psycho. Who was hailed as a "hero" only because he was working for the government. So yeah, I cheer his death and will cheer the death of anyone like him.

Even for you this is pretty stupid.

Quotea man who dedicated his life in recent years to supporting veterans and donated the proceeds of American Sniper to the families of his fallen friends. He deserves our deepest respect....

Kyle was also an advocate for his fellow service members suffering from PTSD, creating a foundation to help with their treatment....

"Chris was very adamant about supporting veterans issues," Webb said. "This was an subject close to his heart, and not many in our community realize how much of his time was spent on veterans' causes....

Moreover, he was a hero for his efforts stateside when he helped develop the FITCO Cares Foundation. What began as a plea for help from Chris looking for in-home fitness equipment for his brothers- and sisters-in-arms struggling with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) became an organization that will carry that torch proudly in his honor," Cox said in a statement....

We need more Chris Kyles and less Martis in this world.

Razgovory

Ron Paul made an noteworthy Tweet

QuoteChris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense
It's nice the Paul and Marty are on the same page.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2013, 03:00:42 PM

QuoteChris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense

Not being on the same page as you is enough for me.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 04, 2013, 02:29:45 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 04, 2013, 10:22:15 AM
It's not just that he was a sniper. I read an interview with him and he was a fucked up, deranged psycho. Who was hailed as a "hero" only because he was working for the government. So yeah, I cheer his death and will cheer the death of anyone like him.

Even for you this is pretty stupid.

Quotea man who dedicated his life in recent years to supporting veterans and donated the proceeds of American Sniper to the families of his fallen friends. He deserves our deepest respect....

Kyle was also an advocate for his fellow service members suffering from PTSD, creating a foundation to help with their treatment....

"Chris was very adamant about supporting veterans issues," Webb said. "This was an subject close to his heart, and not many in our community realize how much of his time was spent on veterans' causes....

Moreover, he was a hero for his efforts stateside when he helped develop the FITCO Cares Foundation. What began as a plea for help from Chris looking for in-home fitness equipment for his brothers- and sisters-in-arms struggling with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) became an organization that will carry that torch proudly in his honor," Cox said in a statement....

We need more Chris Kyles and less Martis in this world.

Well, boo fucking hoo. So a psycho creates an organisation for other psychos who first signed up to kill people, and then got so down because of it, they started to off themselves.

As I said, psychos shooting each other at a shooting range is the karma's Christmas gift for humanity.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on February 04, 2013, 03:03:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2013, 03:00:42 PM

Not being on the same page as you is enough for me.

All this hostility, after I defended you on in this thread.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

And for the record, I respect veterans who defend their own country from invaders. I have not an ounce of respect for sickos who sign up to go to some far off land to shoot people in some sort of imagined Playstation game, and then go so fucked up in their head, they can't function normally anymore. At least drug addicts and other people who get into psychological trouble due to some stuff they chose themselves are not directly hurting others in the process. Volunteer veterans with PTSD should be treated like rabid dogs.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on February 04, 2013, 03:10:12 PM
And for the record, I respect veterans who defend their own country from invaders. I have not an ounce of respect for sickos who sign up to go to some far off land to shoot people in some sort of imagined Playstation game, and then go so fucked up in their head, they can't function normally anymore. At least drug addicts and other people who get into psychological trouble due to some stuff they chose themselves are not directly hurting others in the process. Volunteer veterans with PTSD should be treated like rabid dogs.

Stay classy Marty. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on February 04, 2013, 03:13:01 PM

Nah, too many idiots of this particular brand that worships the barrel of a military gun on this forum.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on February 04, 2013, 03:14:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 04, 2013, 03:13:01 PM

Nah, too many idiots of this particular brand that worships the barrel of a military gun on this forum.

Well I'm sure you're balanced and well-reasoned arguments will show them the error of their ways. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on February 04, 2013, 03:22:21 PM
Well I'm sure you're balanced and well-reasoned arguments will show them the error of their ways. :)

I'm in.  Anyone who develops PTSD fighting a war in a country other than their own deserves to be shot. Unless they're drafted I think.  :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2013, 03:35:21 PM

I'm in.  Anyone who develops PTSD fighting a war in a country other than their own deserves to be shot. Unless they're drafted I think.  :)

No way, allowing yourself to be drafted is just another form of military gun worshiping.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2013, 03:35:21 PM

"Shayna...They joined the military, they knew what they were getting into.  I say, let 'em commit suicide!"