News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Zimbabwe Has Just $217 In The Bank

Started by garbon, January 30, 2013, 10:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

We should all chip in and buy Zimbabwe. The possibilities are endless! We can all divvy up the country and play wargames with the people. A real life RTS, if you will. Scattering resources around the place shouldn't be too expensive either. Bags of rice are what, $4 at Wal-Mart? Toss in some scrap metal so our units can make spears and I think we can get a couple of really interesting games going.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Newsflash: nations, like people, are worth more than the balance of their bank account. Otherwise I would be able to buy Ide thousand times over.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2013, 04:44:41 PM
I would hope that every Languish member is doing better than Zimbabwe.

Debts > Assets :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2013, 04:44:41 PM
I would hope that every Languish member is doing better than Zimbabwe.

I hope we have higher standards that that  :P

Josquius

This is being reported everywhere in this same out of context way. Sigh. Its just handing it to the "Western media makes crap up to put countries they don't like in a bad light!" people....by actually making them right for once.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

Quote from: Fireblade on January 30, 2013, 11:48:23 PM
We should all chip in and buy Zimbabwe. The possibilities are endless! We can all divvy up the country and play wargames with the people. A real life RTS, if you will. Scattering resources around the place shouldn't be too expensive either. Bags of rice are what, $4 at Wal-Mart? Toss in some scrap metal so our units can make spears and I think we can get a couple of really interesting games going.

Joking aside, I don't think anyone should accept Zimbabwe even if the nation is freely offered to them.  It will be a burden more than anything.  The problem with the place is that property rights, contracts, respect of the law, obligations etc don't mean much, especially to their government. 

Grey Fox

I'll take over Zimbabwe but I'm going to tell you upfront. You ain't going to like it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Neil on January 30, 2013, 11:01:19 PM
I think I could do a fine job.  I certainly wouldn't waste resources on nonsense like air superiority or strategic bombing.

Yeah, but what good are dreadnoughts to the air force of a landlocked country? :hmm:

DGuller

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 31, 2013, 05:14:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 30, 2013, 11:01:19 PM
I think I could do a fine job.  I certainly wouldn't waste resources on nonsense like air superiority or strategic bombing.

Yeah, but what good are dreadnoughts to the air force of a landlocked country? :hmm:
You can screw on some wings and propellers on them.

11B4V

If they had stayed Rhodesia and under white control, they wouldnt have this problem.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 31, 2013, 08:03:11 AM
I'll take over Zimbabwe but I'm going to tell you upfront. You ain't going to like it.
No loss. I already don't like it.