News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Have you ever experimented with occultism?

Started by Martinus, January 24, 2013, 06:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Have you ever experimented with "occultism"? Occultism understood very broadly here, by the way, including tarot, other forms of divination, astrology, goethia, "chaos magick", sigils, runes, perception-enhancing or altering drugs etc.

Martinus

Ok, a question. This thread has 5 views so far, yet no answer. The thread title is pretty much straightforward - it is what it says on the box, as it were. So why click on the thread if you do not intend to post in it?  :huh:

Tamas

Josquius

When I was a 13 year old into Buffy and the like I played with such stuff for fun. Never believed any of that nonsense even then though.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on January 24, 2013, 06:59:29 AM
Have you ever experimented with "occultism"? Occultism understood very broadly here, by the way, including tarot, other forms of divination, astrology, goethia, "chaos magick", sigils, runes, perception-enhancing or altering drugs etc.
Purge the heretic!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I used to play with Ouija boards but I never 'believed' in them... fun toy though.

Also does D&D count as occultism?  I know it does to religious wackos, but not sure about you people.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

'Experimented' sounds pretty intense.  I just had fun with that stuff but I never thought it was anything but a fun thing to do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

I casted a magic missile at the darkness once.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2013, 07:52:17 AM
Also does D&D count as occultism?  I know it does to religious wackos, but not sure about you people.

Religious wackos believe that tarot and all this stuff has actual supernatural powers but it is demons and the devil.  I think for D&D to count you actually have to be doing for all the demonic mojo.  'My halfling rogue is driving me from Jesus!!!111'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 24, 2013, 08:22:42 AM
I casted a magic missile at the darkness once.

IF THERE ARE ANY GIRLS AT THE BAR I WANT TO BANG THEM!

Lettow77

Quote from: Martinus on January 24, 2013, 07:13:54 AM
Ok, a question. This thread has 5 views so far, yet no answer. The thread title is pretty much straightforward - it is what it says on the box, as it were. So why click on the thread if you do not intend to post in it?  :huh:

please respond ;-;
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive