Japan Threatens To Fire On Chinese Fighters, China: There Will Be No Second Shot

Started by jimmy olsen, January 22, 2013, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Of the two, I think I dislike Japanese more. Can't wait for China to curbstomp them.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2013, 12:33:46 PM
Quote from: Viking on January 22, 2013, 12:31:58 PM
Japan is clearly leveraging the fact that not only are their fighters better, their fighters are at least a full generation better than the Chinese ones.

They're nowhere near as good as a flying T-72, though :contract:

the legend of sir hockey strikes again :D That one keeps on giving, doesn't it?

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on January 22, 2013, 03:34:51 PM
Of the two, I think I dislike Japanese more. Can't wait for China to curbstomp them.
Don't worry.  We already knew you were stupid.

Besides, haven't you read all those articles about how Chinese people mistreat gays?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Warspite

Quote from: mongers on January 22, 2013, 02:57:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 22, 2013, 02:29:10 PM
Quote from: Zanza on January 22, 2013, 02:24:56 PM
I wonder what would happen if Japan would declare its intent to get nuclear weapons. It's not really feasible to put them under Iran or North Korea style sanctions after all. ;)
Same thing that would happen when India and Pakistan got them.

They could also go with the Israeli option.

But Japan is a party to the NNPT, whereas all three of those non-signatory countries have quite 'legally' built nuclear weapons

So I expect much of the effective opposition to such a move would be internal whether from peace activists, anti-nuclear/bomb survivors groups or those mounting legal challenges as Japan would have to break a major treaty obligation, unless it went through the process of withdrawing from the treaty first, something only N.Korea has done.

Withdrawal from the Treaty can be done quite legally with three months' notice and a statement of reasons in the event of a grave threat to national security.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on January 22, 2013, 04:27:41 PM

Besides, haven't you read all those articles about how Chinese people mistreat gays?

Especially the PLA.  Those guys make the Iranians look like LGBTLOLWTF activists.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2013, 04:36:55 PM
Especially the PLA.  Those guys make the Iranians look like LGBTLOLWTF activists.

There are no homosexuals in Iran to be mistreated.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Warspite on January 22, 2013, 04:35:35 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 22, 2013, 02:57:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 22, 2013, 02:29:10 PM
Quote from: Zanza on January 22, 2013, 02:24:56 PM
I wonder what would happen if Japan would declare its intent to get nuclear weapons. It's not really feasible to put them under Iran or North Korea style sanctions after all. ;)
Same thing that would happen when India and Pakistan got them.

They could also go with the Israeli option.

But Japan is a party to the NNPT, whereas all three of those non-signatory countries have quite 'legally' built nuclear weapons

So I expect much of the effective opposition to such a move would be internal whether from peace activists, anti-nuclear/bomb survivors groups or those mounting legal challenges as Japan would have to break a major treaty obligation, unless it went through the process of withdrawing from the treaty first, something only N.Korea has done.

Withdrawal from the Treaty can be done quite legally with three months' notice and a statement of reasons in the event of a grave threat to national security.

That's what North Korea did IIRC.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I think North Korea retroactively withdrew after they'd already been busted.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2013, 04:36:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 22, 2013, 04:27:41 PM

Abuse of gays not in name of a religion don't interest Marty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Man, that guy can't even get being a whiny wannabe-hipster faggot right.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

I would guess Mart dislikes Japan because he views it as a US puppet, and since he dislikes the US because we allow some of our gays to marry (unlike Poland where none of the gays are allowed to marry), he dislikes Japan by extension. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

He's just used to kowtowing to dictatorships. It is in a polack's blood.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive