News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

War Thunder?

Started by Syt, January 18, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Shortest "this is great to fucking filthy dev's" post by Seedy evah!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

I has Buffaloes.  TATAUNKA

CountDeMoney

I has an OS2U-1 Kingfisher.  grumbler is the tail gunner.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I shot down an enemy plane, and severely damaged a mountain twice with a kinetic impact!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

I led my team with six kills on my second try.  I still have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.  It kept telling me to capture something.  I have no idea how to take prisoners in an airplane.

CountDeMoney

Now that I have my Dauntless, dive bombing is fun.

Although I've noticed in the match queues, the line that seems to be played the least are the Japanese.  That's odd.

Razgovory

What kind of matches you playing?  I've only done the arcade ones.  I don't have a joy stick, so I haven't tried the historical and realistic ones.  Does seem absurd to be flying through the mountains trying to blow up tanks with a PBY Catalina or a Kingfisher.  I keep thinking, "Gee I bet this plane would be much faster if I didn't have this enormous float underneath.", then some Russian asshole shoots me down in a biplane.

Lettow77

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2013, 08:52:30 PM

Although I've noticed in the match queues, the line that seems to be played the least are the Japanese.  That's odd.

Odd until you play the Japanese, maybe. The Zero got mauled with the last major patch, and has been more or less unusable since. Even before then, Japan was the least played- they have the fewest planes, the worst bombers, and just aren't competitive once it gets around level 9 or so.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

I'm going to bet the Russians have the best fighters and bombers.  Just a guess.

CountDeMoney

That's a shame about the Japanese planes.  I really wanted to trick out a Zero, but like so many other video games, the designers took to heart the rumors of how exactly fragile silk and balsa wood must me.

Raz, bombing in a PBY is fun as balls.  More productive than you think.

Lettow77

the PBY is absolutely ridiculously durable. In historical mode on pacific maps (before they were removed for how impossible carrier landing was..) their combination of resilience and capacity to land beside rather than on top of carriers made them the best thing either side could field anywhere near their tier level.

Edit: Sure enough though, in a previous patch the russians could buy the PBY as a premium plane, except it was only level 1, so you were matching against biplanes. It was as ludicrous as it sounds; Russia had the best bomber by way of getting America's bomber before it could. In keeping with the trend, America can buy a level 6 Japanese plane even in the present patch, and fly it at level 4 instead. The joke's on him though, because America's level 4 fighter is far better than Japan's level 6 fighter post-nerf, with better turning ability and much better armament, and all of 3 km/h slower.

The Hayabusa is a level 2 plane and was mighty before the massive, nearly all-encompassing nerf on Japanese planes. It was comparatively lightly hit, and is likely Japan's best fighter until you get up as high as the N1K. It scales well, and can down seemingly much better planes like the Yak-9 or the ME-109 somewhat reliably.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

I've had mixed results with the PBY.  High level bombing doesn't seem to work well, but coming in low isn't bad.  Unfortunately I'll always end up with one or two guys shooting the shit out me.  Just got me P-40 which is a huge improvement.  I can buy the Dauntless but haven't done so yet.

I really hate those fucking Russian biplanes.  The ones with the four machine guns.

CountDeMoney

I dive bomb with my PBY.  Easier than using the bomb sight, and scares the fuck out of the crew.