News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

War Thunder?

Started by Syt, January 18, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

I'm sorry to admit, mouse mode is the only way to play this game as a fighter.

And Russians are crazy overpowered.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

Is it another Russian game?

Is this the beta, meaning any progress you make is going to be lost when it goes live?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2013, 08:56:14 AM
Is it another Russian game?

Is this the beta, meaning any progress you make is going to be lost when it goes live?

Yes, Russian. It's supposedly in beta, but the developers have proclaimed that there won't be any wipes when they go V1.0. Even if they were to do so, they've gone on record that all your purchases will be refunded in game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Russians.

So, are the best torpedo bombers all Russian?

0 rows returned

11B4V

It has the Mosquito so it doesnt sound all bad.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2013, 09:36:50 AM
So, are the best torpedo bombers all Russian?

Yes, but the game may not reflect that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

I've had a bit of fun with War Thunder. The Arcade mode is really fun because even low tier aircraft can shoot down high tier aircraft. Also much of the player base is just terrible at the game so if you've any experience with combat air sims you'll likely do really well.

It's still in beta and a lot of the flight models are still wonky but otherwise it's pretty darn fun. I'd like to play more but I'm stuck in WoT-mode, as well as Tomb Raider.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

Man, this game is really well done.

0 rows returned

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2013, 04:11:45 PM
Man, this game is really well done.

If you find yourself short of cash try the Historically battles (using a bomber). I just bust out my Tier 5 JU-88 and easily make 30-40K a battle (non-premium). It carries 36 bombs, so it's a beast when it comes to soaking up the cash targets.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Berkut

I ahve not even tried the historical battles at all. What is the difference?

0 rows returned

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2013, 02:20:53 PM
I ahve not even tried the historical battles at all. What is the difference?

The planes perform more realistically (high speed turns can tear your wings off, stalls, spins, and other details), no targeting cross hair for guns, ammo runs out than you need to land and rearm, and you are allowed only one plane (no respawns). The action isn't as fast and furious as there is time to the target and so on. Very little ramming since you only have one plane.

If you are good the exp/cash reward is very good and battles aren't that much longer than arcade ones.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Crazy_Ivan80

got my first victory in historical battles yesterday. very nice

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Except when it says you're in "Arcade Mode", and you're not, and it won't let you go back to it.

CountDeMoney

Filthy fucking nigger Russian designers.