News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

War Thunder?

Started by Syt, January 18, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

ok I officially suck with level 2 Italian and German planes in Arcade.

what use is superior speed if I can't force-stall the guy chasing my tail? damn.

Syt

I noticed that a lot of planes have identical stats on lower tiers. While it levels the playing field it also makes fights a lot more boring.

Also, even with mouse aim I can't hit shit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2013, 02:51:47 AM

what use is superior speed if I can't force-stall the guy chasing my tail? damn.

iirc, you can't in arcade.

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 30, 2013, 03:30:29 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2013, 02:51:47 AM

iirc, you can't in arcade.

yeah and that's extremely silly. Or I just suck. I mean, there is this level 2 Italian fighter. It can't turn shit, but has awesome speed comparetivly. So I go pretty high, zoom down at some SOB with like 700, miss my shot, then intend to use that huge speed advantage to quickly climb to safety. Well, I can climb eventually, but first he kind of hovers with nose 90 degrees upwards shooting me to oblivion. Fuck that.

Tamas

And in general, since you must go down to 18 meters to catch anything (as that's where combat is in arcade), you need to have a quickly turning plane, as other options are extremely limited at tree top level.

Tamas

How am I supposed to use te Bombing View on bombers? In Arcade? Will bombs always fall where the crosshair is at when releasing, or it is more intricate than that?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on January 31, 2013, 02:53:03 AM
How am I supposed to use te Bombing View on bombers? In Arcade? Will bombs always fall where the crosshair is at when releasing, or it is more intricate than that?

crosshair seems to be it. Not that I'm good at it

Tamas

just to be clear, I am talking about the view (the one you can access like, say, tail gunner view), not the HUD-y thingie

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on January 31, 2013, 06:55:36 AM
just to be clear, I am talking about the view (the one you can access like, say, tail gunner view), not the HUD-y thingie

ah, make sure you are flying a real bomber, not a divebomber or something similar. For example: the Catalina has it, but the plane before it doesn't.

Tamas

yeah I am flying one which has the bombing view. So, should I be assuming that my bombs shall fall where the crosshair of the bombing-aiming-toolish-view points to?

Alcibiades

Bombs fall EXACTLY where you have the crosshair at when you release them, no other mechanics.

Checked out mouse mode, fighters are exceptionally easier.....but I can't bomb for shit with a mouse so.... :yuk:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

5 air kills in one game using italian and one german planes. Take THAT, Mousenoobs!  :menace:

Strix

Bombing isn't that hard. If you are using the Bomber View than the bombs drop dead on the crosshairs. This is great for attacking pillboxes and weapon emplacements (AA and Arty). However, it isn't that good for mobile targets. You need to aim ahead of them and the higher you are the harder it is to do. For those targets, just use the crosshair that appears under the plane at low altitude, it will turn from white to red, red meaning it's dead on target.

I love using my PBY-5a and A-20, they are awesome. Although, with the latest patch bombing has become more difficult because bombers are easier to shoot down.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.