News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So hey Pakistan

Started by Jacob, January 16, 2013, 05:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Apparently the Supreme Court ordered the arrest of the Prime Minster within the next 24 hours.

MadImmortalMan

Oh boy. Who is the army gonna support?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Viking

they have come so far, only a few years ago the prime minister ordered the arrest of the supreme court.... so much better this way...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on January 16, 2013, 05:35:01 PM
they have come so far, only a few years ago the prime minister ordered the arrest of the supreme court.... so much better this way...

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2013, 05:45:56 PM
Quote from: Viking on January 16, 2013, 05:35:01 PM

:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7105923.stm

QuotePakistan top judge still detained

Pakistan's ousted chief justice remains under arrest, a day after officials said judges detained under emergency rule could move around freely.
Iftikhar Chaudhry tried to leave his Islamabad residence but was stopped from doing so by security forces.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Sheilbh

Channel 4 News interviewed the cleric leading the protests:
http://www.channel4.com/news/pakistan-protest-cleric-i-just-want-to-empower-my-people

Interesting that there's rumours he's a military stooge in this. There's similar allegations about Imran Khan who refused Qadri's invitation to join the protests but has said their agenda's broadly the same - Qadri agrees with him and the only point of departure is that Khan what's a non-partisan caretaker government during the forthcoming elections.
Let's bomb Russia!