Question to Brits: which world war was a bigger trauma?

Started by Martinus, January 05, 2013, 01:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

In 1939, the Eastern part of Poland consisted of 13 million people.  What the population was in 1920 I can't find, but I imagine it was fairly close.  This is also the part of Poland that the Russian "Journalist" did not take into consideration probably because Russians never did accept the extent of Poland's eastern frontier.  Polish speakers seemed to have made up about 36% of the population of this area (at least in 1939).  That seems like a quite few people, especially for country with such a low population.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on January 10, 2013, 11:40:27 AM
Actually, it's the kinda the opposite, Raz, as Poland pre-WW2 occupied territories that were much more sparsely populated than Silesia, Pommerania and Greater Poland it got in WW2 (hell, to this day, sans Warsaw, these territories remain the most densely populated and highly industrialized/urbanised in the country).

If Poland had today's borders in 1918, its population would have been much higher than the population of the territory controlled by Poland after the Polish-Soviet war of 1920.
I guess you can say that WWII worked out very well for Poland.  :hmm:

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 10, 2013, 12:55:00 PM
Actually, it's the kinda the opposite, Raz, as Poland pre-WW2 occupied territories that were much more sparsely populated than Silesia, Pommerania and Greater Poland it got in WW2 (hell, to this day, sans Warsaw, these territories remain the most densely populated and highly industrialized/urbanised in the country).

If Poland had today's borders in 1918, its population would have been much higher than the population of the territory controlled by Poland after the Polish-Soviet war of 1920.

Worked out for you.  You would have been born in Poland.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on January 10, 2013, 12:55:00 PM

We didnt get to keep the populace.