11 (19.3%)
Katherine Janeway/Chakotay
6 (10.5%)
Jonathan Archer/T'Pol
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Syt

Quote from: Viking on January 08, 2013, 08:26:31 AM
meh, a mere White Star 1 wannabe, just like DS9 is a Bab5 wannabe.

I've watched both, and while there are similarities, the story arcs are rather different.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Why'd you stick it to Kira, anyway?  Once Worf showed up on the scene, he took a lot more watches commanding the Defiant.

Also, saying that the Defiant was the first battleship is just wrong.  It was the first battleship designed to combat the Borg, and it's the first Federation ship to have a cloaking device.  In Star Trek III, the Enterprise is clearly referred to as a battlecruiser.  Also, even in DS9, the Lakota's obviously been set up as a battleship, and it's a much older ship than the Defiant.

I went for Sisko, BTW.  For shiggles.
Experience bij!

Neil

But isn't it referred to as a battlecruiser by the Klingons?  That doesn't count.

Kira was the station's first officer, and DS9 was Sisko's command for the majority of the series.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:32:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:29:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:26:42 PM
for the longest time i though levar burton was actually blind :blush:

On behalf of the generation that still remembers Roots, :bleeding:
Just to make you feel old: i was 3 when TNG came out :D

I was finishing off university.  :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

I'm with Age on this. In the end, its seems as though Picard's Enterprise was a fun place to be.  Poker games all the time. Holodecks, where anything can happen,  :perv: 10 Forward never seemed to run out of synthahol; and even Data got laid. Not to mention--who wouldn't mind an annual physical from Doctor Crusher.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

Tough choice, I voted Picard/Riker. I like Picard over Kirk but like Spock much better than Riker.  :nerd:

Admiral Yi

All the touchy feely empathy crap under Picard/Riker would drive me nuts.  Vote Kirk/Spock.

Faeelin

I've always thought that people who mock the Enterprise as an exploration vessel are missing the point. There's some Weimar shenanigans going on here.  "It's a vessel of peace" right up until it takes out several warbirds.

lustindarkness

The poll right now looks like its flipping the bird at us, with Picard winning of course.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

With just one episode, Captain Garret of the Enterprise-C is far better than Janeway, insofar as female captains go.

But then there is certain death there.  :P

Ed Anger

Wasn't that the episode with Shooter McGavin?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on January 08, 2013, 09:48:35 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:32:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:29:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2013, 11:26:42 PM
for the longest time i though levar burton was actually blind :blush:

On behalf of the generation that still remembers Roots, :bleeding:
Just to make you feel old: i was 3 when TNG came out :D

I was finishing off university.  :mad:

I was just shy of 2 years old. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 08, 2013, 06:55:37 PM
Wasn't that the episode with Shooter McGavin?

Yes, it seems so.  In fact, I think he was filling the First Officer role in to dead man's boots.

11B4V

Quote from: KRonn on January 08, 2013, 01:38:24 PM
Tough choice, I voted Picard/Riker. I like Picard over Kirk but like Spock much better than Riker.  :nerd:

Same. but Sisko/Worf are up their for me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on January 08, 2013, 08:26:31 AM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 07, 2013, 11:13:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 11:10:52 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 07, 2013, 11:06:54 PM
Probably Picard.  That ship wasn't in the shit, most of the time.

Never understood why a ship like that--a warship with research functions, not vice versa, and sent off to the far corners of the universe, alone--would have families on board.  Talk about a fleet going soft.

It wasn't supposed to be a warship, though.  DS9 makes clear that the Defiant-class was the first true warship Starfleet ever built.

meh, a mere White Star 1 wannabe, just like DS9 is a Bab5 wannabe.

I don't think DS9 wanted to be watchable but weak.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)