News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chuck Hagel for SecDef?

Started by Jacob, January 04, 2013, 06:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Anyway, the guy seems to lack somewhat in diplomacy department but seems level headed and non-partisan. I would say this is a good fit for a defense secretary.

Martinus

Also I love that the US Senator opposing Hagel for referring to "Jewish lobby" is himself described as a "top ranking Jewish Senator".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on January 05, 2013, 06:08:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 05, 2013, 08:39:37 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 04, 2013, 08:57:00 PM
He wont make it.
If he won't who will?
Good picks IMO
MCCHRYSTAL
FRANKS
Both are former generals, and it's not a good idea to let the inmates run the asylum.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2013, 06:23:14 PM
He wont make it.
If he won't who will?
Good picks IMO
MCCHRYSTAL
FRANKS
Both are former generals, and it's not a good idea to let the inmates run the asylum.

That's a bunch of horse shit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

I just don't think it's wise to assign political enemies of the president a place in the administration just because they used to be popular generals.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

He wont make it.

If he won't who will?

Good picks IMO
MCCHRYSTAL
FRANKS
I think the law says they have to be retired for 5-7 years or something like that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2013, 06:35:00 PM
I just don't think it's wise to assign political enemies of the president a place in the administration just because they used to be popular generals.

I agree that it shouldn't be a former general--it's a civilian administrative position atop a massive bureaucracy, not a warfighting one--but it considering the machinations involved in dealing with both the Pentagon and the Hill this individual has to contend with, in a Democratic Administration, a middle-of-the-road, accessible and competent Republican would be a useful asset.

That's right, Huntsman for SecDef.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on January 05, 2013, 10:42:16 AM
Sarah Palin?

Some chick that the dems have a hard on for and GOP tolerates. I ain't looking up her name.

CountDeMoney

You're probably talking about Michele Flournoy, Panetta's policy undersecretary.  Been in and around defense circles since the Clinton Administration.  Sharp cookie.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

LOL, I was reading her Wiki bio;  graduated from Beverly Hills High School.  ZOMG THE LAUNCH CODE IS 90210