Racial Healing and the beautiful South

Started by Lettow77, January 02, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Quote from: Razgovory on January 03, 2013, 02:43:27 AM
I mean Japan could probably divided up into at least 10 different countries if our threshhold for cultural distinctiveness is that low.

Independent satsuma domain might be kind of cool. But man, Japanese sure are a pretty homogenous lot, for all of their celebrated differences between kansai and kanto.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 03, 2013, 03:51:39 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 03, 2013, 02:43:27 AM
I mean Japan could probably divided up into at least 10 different countries if our threshhold for cultural distinctiveness is that low.

Independent satsuma domain might be kind of cool. But man, Japanese sure are a pretty homogenous lot, for all of their celebrated differences between kansai and kanto.

I was under the impression there were more then one dialect of Japanese and several areas have had a history of de facto independence.  If we must destroy the US for the sake of cultural distincitivness then Japan must also die.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Yeah, Japan is a pretty diverse place. as with everywhere else in the world less so these days thanks to the media, easy transport, people moving for work, etc.... but some diversity remains. going off Americans I've met Japan certainly strikes me as more diverse
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Lettow and the South makes me want to catch the matinee of Django Unchained.  I could use an antebellum plantation owner murderfest right about now.