Will a Horrific Bus Gang-Rape in Delhi Finally Change India's Culture of Rape?

Started by jimmy olsen, December 21, 2012, 01:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

What he means is that when his wife divorced him, he didn't like how it turned out. So that makes the idea of a male-dominated society a myth.

He's obviously a man who sees the big picture.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Rasputin

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 26, 2013, 04:32:39 PM
Meanwhile, in not-India...

...she knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand, forced him to the ground and locked him between her thighs, ...

This is why you never buy a pakistani steel blade, silly muslim
Who is John Galt?

Phillip V

"A 30-year-old American woman was raped by three men in a tourist region of northern India in the latest of similar attacks on female travelers since the beginning of the year.

The woman arrived in the resort town of Manali on Monday with three other women and was staying in a guesthouse in the old part of the town.

On Monday evening, she headed to meet a friend at Vashisht, which is about 2 miles north of Manali and famous for its hot springs. At 1 a.m. on Tuesday, she was looking for an auto-rickshaw to return to the guesthouse when three men in a truck offered to drive her to Old Manali. Instead, they took her to a secluded spot.
The attack has once again raised concerns about the safety of women traveling in India. In January, a 23-year-old South Korean student accused a manager of a Madhya Pradesh resort of drugging and raping her. On March 15, a group of men raped a 39-year-old Swiss tourist in Madhya Pradesh while attacking her husband.

Four days later, a 25-year-old British tourist jumped off the balcony of her hotel room in Agra because she feared that she would be sexually assaulted after the hotel owner broke into her room and refused to leave."

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/04/american-tourist-gang-raped-in-manali-police-say/

dps

You know, even in places that take a dim view of rape, a women accepting a lift from 3 guys she doesn't know at 1 AM probably isn't a smart move.

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on June 05, 2013, 03:22:42 AM
You know, even in places that take a dim view of rape, a women accepting a lift from 3 guys she doesn't know at 1 AM probably isn't a smart move.

Hitchhiking is never a good idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Legbiter

Hell, I'd never try this, not even here. She's very lucky they didn't kill her.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 08:48:56 AM
The men are fighting back.
QuoteThe site is heavy with pictures decrying the treatment of men (“Men, this is how the world sees you,” reads one photo of a roll of toilet paper) and petitions like this one, which declares, “Rape is a shield for a woman to harass men sexually and get away with it.”

I AM BEING OPPRESSED!!11
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Frankly I wouldn't even accept a lift from any combination of genders at 1AM in a country I do not know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2013, 09:13:16 AM

Frankly I wouldn't even accept a lift from any combination of genders at 1AM in a country I do not know.

hell i wouldn't do it here in America.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2013, 09:13:16 AM

What Valmy wouldn't do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zye-7fiXmWQ

Syt

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57599817/india-photographer-gang-raped-male-colleague-beaten/

QuoteIndia photographer gang raped, male colleague beaten

NEW DELHI A young woman photojournalist was gang raped while her male colleague was tied up and beaten in India's business hub of Mumbai, police said Friday. The case was reminiscent of the December gang rape and death of a young university student in the Indian capital that shocked the country.

Police said the woman was on assignment to take pictures of an abandoned textile factory in south Mumbai late Thursday when five men confronted her with an offer to help her get permission to shoot inside the building.

Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh told reporters that the men tied her colleague's hands with a belt while she was gang raped.

The woman, 22, is in stable condition in hospital.

The assault comes amid heightened concerns about sexual violence in India. The gang rape and death of the student on a bus in New Delhi in December had shaken a country long inured to violence against women and sparked protests demanding better protection for women.

- India arrests 3 in alleged rape of U.S. woman
   - Five-year-old girl dies in India after rape
   - India sees tourism decline after sex assaults

In response, the government passed a new stringent law increasing prison terms for rape and making voyeurism, stalking, acid attacks and the trafficking of women punishable under criminal law.

The police have released sketches of the men based on descriptions given by the woman and her colleague, and have formed several teams to track them.

Singh said the area where the attack took place was very isolated and the men may have been local drug dealers.
:(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom