Montreal toddler-snatching Eagle

Started by Malthus, December 19, 2012, 07:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2012, 07:28:11 PM
Quote from: Malthus on December 19, 2012, 02:16:03 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on December 19, 2012, 01:53:36 PM
We need eagle control or a total ban.

No. As I said above, we need to allow parents to carry concealed eagles.

Anyway, I blame the Americans. They are jealous of our kid's test scores and are sending their national symbol to get revenge! 

Oh, and as expected, it's a hoax.  ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/12/19/montreal-golden-eagle-viral-video.html

Mexico uses the golden eagle, not America. ;)

Pedantic people should be carried off by eagles.  :P

Also, they should note it was a faked-up eagle, so presumably of no actual species ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PDH

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 19, 2012, 05:29:42 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 19, 2012, 03:06:30 PM
QuoteDavid Bird, a McGill University professor of wildlife biology, had said earlier that he doubted the video's authenticity.

Bird said he has never heard of an eagle grabbing a child.

"The public has nothing to fear from bald eagles in that regard of picking up their babies, and for that matter, even their pets."

Of course he would say that.
Goats weigh more than a toddler, and eagles will attack them, so I just don't think that's true.

Tim, you are a moron.

Of course eagles attack larger things, however they DON'T PICK THEM UP and try to fly off.  Jesus.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on December 20, 2012, 08:37:43 AM

Anyway, I blame the Americans. They are jealous of our kid's test scores and are sending their national symbol to get revenge! 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/12/19/montreal-golden-eagle-viral-video.html

Also, they should note it was a faked-up eagle, so presumably of no actual species ...

Insults should be accurate and the video was clearly labelled. Though the McGill professor had the same issue so perhaps Canadians have problems paying attention to details. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on December 20, 2012, 09:48:45 AM
Quote from: Malthus on December 20, 2012, 08:37:43 AM

Insults should be accurate and the video was clearly labelled. Though the McGill professor had the same issue so perhaps Canadians have problems paying attention to details. :P

The video was also "clearly labelled" as being about an eagle picking up a child, when in fact it was computer-generated fakery.

But Americans apparently are very gullible - they believe what an admitted faker says.  :P

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Whereas Canadians just pick whatever bird they think of. Surprised you didn't say stork. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.