News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Xmas Music Everywhere - Will It Ever Stop?

Started by Martinus, December 16, 2012, 06:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on December 16, 2012, 06:01:16 AM
Ok so with Poland being always late to the party, only few years ago we started to go into a full Xmas mode, with Jingle Bells and White Christmas playing all the time everywhere - at shops, malls, gyms, restaurants, cafes etc.

So my question to people from more advanced countries is this: does it ever roll back or will it just get worse and worse each year?

Who and what xmas music you talking about? Because the stuff I heard growing up  (Burl Ives, Jonny Mathis, The Bingster, etc) is not the bullshit nowadays.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Every time I hear "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"  I think of my buddy's Indian/Brit wife.  She used to shake her head when she'd hear the song but wouldn't say anything.  Finally one of us asked her what her big problem was with the song and she said "You Americans are so uptight about everything else, but you'll allow them to play a song that says 'Later we'll have some fuckin' pie...'"

Super-bright gal but sometimes she's in her own little world :D

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Also, listening to Christmas music on Pandora.  Focusing on the classics to filter out all the newer crap.  One that slipped through the cracks was "Santa Baby" by Macy Gray.  Sounds like either a 90-year old woman or a sick cat trying to sing it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I always thought this was the best use of a Christmas song during the non-Christmas season.

http://youtu.be/fwcYbo7pjto

derspiess

Okay, I found a worse rendition of "Santa Baby"-- Michael Buble's.  Creepy.  Why, Michael?  Why??