Started by Grey Fox, December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 14, 2012, 01:25:41 PM
I'm a gonna say it.

Extensive. Gun. Control.
If the kids had had guns, there would have been no problem.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maximus

Queequeg

Quote from: Maximus on December 14, 2012, 02:10:45 PM
Fuck off with the politics in this thread
Sounds like this asshole had an assault rifle.  Civilians just shouldn't fucking be allowed to own that shit.  This is the only time those weapons are going to be used. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Habbaku

Quote from: Queequeg on December 14, 2012, 02:50:35 PM
Sounds like this asshole had an assault rifle.  Civilians just shouldn't fucking be allowed to own that shit.  This is the only time those weapons are going to be used.

:rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Language. Any discussion about how to prevent similar stuff in the future is going to be about politics.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Looks like you don't get it. This is not the time or place for scoring political points.

Caliga

I didn't see any news reports suggesting he used an assault rifle. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

Quote from: Maximus on December 14, 2012, 03:01:10 PM
Looks like you don't get it. This is not the time or place for scoring political points.
There was just a mass stabbing at an elementary school in China.  Care to guess how many Chinese students died? 

I really don't want to hear about how this doesn't have anything to do with politics.  This has everything to do with gun control. 

AP is reporting that he had this:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

11B4V

Quote from: Queequeg on December 14, 2012, 03:06:09 PM
Quote from: Maximus on December 14, 2012, 03:01:10 PM
There was just a mass stabbing at an elementary school in China.  Care to guess how many Chinese students died? 

I really don't want to hear about how this doesn't have anything to do with politics.  This has everything to do with gun control. 

AP is reporting that he had this:

:rolleyes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2012, 03:02:06 PM
I didn't see any news reports suggesting he used an assault rifle. :hmm:

I don't get the hype over assault rifles anyway (I presume by 'assault rifle' we are talking like an modern infantry weapon here, right?).  In the hands of an amateur inside a building a shotgun would be by far the most dangerous weapon.  Even a handgun, people like this guy are not sniping from the UT Tower they are shooting from just a few feet away, a AK-47 is not really some big uptick in effectiveness in those circumstances.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Then start your own thread and get out of this one.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on December 14, 2012, 03:12:23 PM

+1
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on December 14, 2012, 03:12:23 PM

Seriously. As Obama's spokesperson said - this isn't the time for politics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt