Tablet: Ipad 4 or anything else?

Started by Rex Francorum, December 12, 2012, 09:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on December 17, 2012, 04:12:30 PM
It's almost scary how easily my 2 year old can use the iPad.

Lately he's been playing with a jigsaw puzzle app.  He can put together a 20-30 piece virtual puzzle like nobody's business.

Lola started commandeering my wife's iPad several months ago.  It is pretty fascinating to observe-- the interface is so simple/intuitive that kids of any age can use it on a basic level as soon as they have some motor skills developed.  I can tell her to pull up her "Toy Phone" app and she scrolls right to it and starts it up.  She's even figured out how to do some navigation in Youtube (she loves Sesame Street and those Super Simple Song videos), which is a little scary.

If it were up to me I'd have kept it away from her-- she doesn't even turn 2 until April.  Wife gets 100% of the blame, and I always have to point that out to people because it's assumed that I'm the guilty one given my near-addiction to gadgets.  Funny thing is she knows not to touch my lowly Kindle Fire because I always tell her no.  Ditto for my phone since I have it locked by PIN.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Is iPad4 the one with retina display? I'm thinking of putting in an order for a 16gb no-3g as I've a friend going to new york next week and they are like half the price over there.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on January 04, 2013, 09:28:05 AM
Is iPad4 the one with retina display? I'm thinking of putting in an order for a 16gb no-3g as I've a friend going to new york next week and they are like half the price over there.

Yes.  I believe the 3rd generation iPad had it as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I don't know what you guys are using for cases, but I just received a bad-ass one from www.padandquill.com

I wanted a milspec one and I was looking at Ballistic, like I have for my iHipster, but I read reviews that the screen cover played optic games with the retina screen, and I wasn't too thrilled with Ottorbox's milspec one (too plasticky) or Griffin's Survivor (too flimsy-feeling), but then I figured, I'm not wearing this thing on my hip, so what the hell, get a nice faux folio for it.

I picked up P&Q's Octavo case;  this thing has a good weight to it, with a wooden frame and rubber corner clamps that keep it totally snug;  this thing isn't moving.  Very happy with it.

What do you guys use?

Ed Anger

Something from Acase. Saved my ass twice in a year.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive