And we're back!

Main Menu

Adventures in Social Etiquette!

Started by Razgovory, December 12, 2012, 08:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the proper response?

Confront them and get them away from my drive way
4 (33.3%)
Get in the car and wait passivly agressively till they leave.
3 (25%)
Just stand there and glare at them.
0 (0%)
Hide in the house till they leave and come back and drive away
0 (0%)
Ignore them and back out of the driveway anyway.
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Razgovory

A few hours ago I had to drive to the store and pick up a few things.  Unfortunately there was a hitch.  When I came outside I found two people standing in the middle of the street and in front of the driveway chatting.  They apparently were walking dogs, as they both had a dog on a leash.  I suppose it's also possible they were dog thieves and had stolen the dogs or the dogs were the ones running show and they were walking the people.  It was dark and kinda hard to see, but it was my impression that they had been walking the dogs and decided to stop and talk.  I imagine they probably lived in the neighborhood but, I don't know any of the neighbors.  Anyway, the point is I was blocked in the drive way and couldn't leave.  I wasn't sure what to do in such a position, and of course didn't have time to ask Languish.  So I'll ask now and find out if my response was appropriate.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Start backing/driving out slowly until you are noticed...most people, if they're of decent character, will take note that they are being a impedance, and politely move out of the way.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Shotgun blast to the face of the furthest one away. Next move is either blasting the other or a dog, it's up to you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Well I have been trying broaden my response patterns beyond "Fight or Flight".  My social worker told me that hiding from the mail man is not a productive use of my time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Josquius

Give them a few seconds and try indicating them and the driveway with just your eyes. If they don't get the point that the car stopped right by them wants to park then open the window and say excuse me. No big deal.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

The answer depends on what kind of car you have.  Not every car can effortlessly roll over a body.

Sheilbh

Hover by the car until they move. If they don't then say something like 'sorry, but do you mind if I just reverse out'. If that doesn't work: panic.
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Get in the car and back slowly toward them.  If they refuse to move, use the horn.  If they still refuse to move try the "Star Spangled Banner" on the horn.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

For some reason I keep thinking that Shelf's avatar is a chicken.

CountDeMoney

Well?  What did you do? Or are you still in the car, waiting for them?

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2012, 10:44:19 PM
Well?  What did you do? Or are you still in the car, waiting for them?
he walked home :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

They probably just moved as soon as they noticed he was preparing to leave. A confrontation of some type would be funnier though.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers