WTF Teen sentenced to 10 years of church.

Started by 11B4V, December 05, 2012, 03:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I think I'd just bring something to do at church.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: merithyn on December 05, 2012, 03:50:12 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2012, 03:46:57 PM

Quick search gave me:

QuoteBecause first offense Oklahoma DUI is a misdemeanor, a fatal DUI accident would fall under the first definition of manslaughter in the first degree.  First-degree manslaughter in Oklahoma is a felony punishable by four years to life in prison.

If I could get away with serving two years or less, I'd have to seriously have to think about it. I'd probably take the church thing because I'm a big chicken, but I'd have to really think about it. Especially if it were a holy-roller Baptist-type church.  :yuk:

:rolleyes:  No you wouldn't.  You'd take the church "sentence" in a heartbeat.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2012, 03:53:12 PM
I think I'd just bring something to do at church.

My ass would be there in the choir gown.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Sure. I'd go to the reformed church of satan.

merithyn

Quote from: Habbaku on December 05, 2012, 03:53:31 PM

I don't know. What better way to lock myself in with a typewriter to get my novel written?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on December 05, 2012, 04:06:32 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 05, 2012, 03:53:31 PM

I don't know. What better way to lock myself in with a typewriter to get my novel written?

Because you'd probably have access to a weapon like a typewriter.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Crazy probationary sentences are the new normal.  Not just for serious stuff either.  Like, a year of attending AA 3 times a week for disturbing the peace, when the statute only carries 30 days max.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on December 05, 2012, 03:52:56 PM
~1040 hours of church spaced out over 10 years or ~35,000 hours (assuming 4 year sentence) in prison. 

This is a decision?

This.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Camerus

Can you imagine Viking forced to attend church for 10 years?  It has all the making of a fish out of water comedy, in which by the end both sides learn just a *little* more love and tolerance for one another.

Well, either that or a shock film about a small town lynching.

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 05, 2012, 04:22:59 PM
Crazy probationary sentences are the new normal.  Not just for serious stuff either.  Like, a year of attending AA 3 times a week for disturbing the peace, when the statute only carries 30 days max.

I always like it when I can give an accused a choice.  "Look, you can do your 30 days, or you can do a year and a half of probation with a whole string of conditions". :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

I'm glad to see anyone try anything other than the proven ineffective and inefficient warehousing of people.

Razgovory

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on December 05, 2012, 06:27:07 PM
Can you imagine Viking forced to attend church for 10 years?  It has all the making of a fish out of water comedy, in which by the end both sides learn just a *little* more love and tolerance for one another.

Well, either that or a shock film about a small town lynching.

Viking's pretty crazy, but I don't think even he could lynch a whole small town by himself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017