News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

R.I.P. Dave Brubeck

Started by PDH, December 05, 2012, 08:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

A giant.  Coolest white guy ever.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Creepy.  I bought "Take Five" a week ago.  Though at the time I didn't know he was still alive.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Camerus

Didn't know he was still alive.  RIP. 

PDH

Played Take Five again for the first time in a while.  Just a defining sound.  After listening to it and Newport 1958 I need a convertible Lincoln, some dark shades, and a pack of unfiltered smokes.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

If anybody wants a great, groovy and smooth CD, check out His "Ballads";  my favorite version of "Georgia On My Mind" ever.