News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Person of the Year? Who Should It Be

Started by jimmy olsen, December 03, 2012, 12:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: merithyn on December 19, 2012, 10:57:18 AM
Actually, no. It's because he's managed to show the value in information organization, data programming, and the overall value in mixed polls over individual polls. And he's not your typical hero. He's a little, gay, geeky guy who would have been spit on in my high school.

I admire him a great deal, and I feel like this year, he really earned Person of the Year.

And until this point we didn't realize there was value in organization and data programming?

Substantively, he isn't anything more than the political version of Jimmy the Greek.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

merithyn

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. The question was who I thought should be the Person of the Year, not who would get everyone's approval. :mellow:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

alfred russel

Quote from: merithyn on December 19, 2012, 11:07:48 AM
I don't expect everyone to agree with me. The question was who I thought should be the Person of the Year, not who would get everyone's approval. :mellow:

:P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

I would agree with you.  :)

Admiral Yi

His impact on the world has been essentially zip.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on December 19, 2012, 12:28:56 PM
I would agree with you.  :)

Everybody knows you've had your blueberries removed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

What did Obama achieve this year except for reelection?

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on December 19, 2012, 12:45:04 PM
What did Obama achieve this year except for reelection?

His drones achieved alot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

Yeah, the TIME article mentions almost nothing about Obama's first term; just how impressed they are with how he won female, minority, and young voters (again).

Valmy

Pretty lame.  Time might as well make the Presidential election winner the Person of the Year every four years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."