News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GalCiv 2 / Impulse?

Started by Berkut, May 17, 2009, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinraith

:lol: I'm quite certain they'll be fine.

Berkut

Quote from: vinraith on May 18, 2009, 02:59:19 PM
:lol: I'm quite certain they'll be fine.

Of course they will - so will I, for that matter.

Someone pee in your Stardock Wheaties this morning?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

Is Vinnie: Timmaying out for Stardock?
PDH!

Berkut

LOL, user error ftw!

Turns out the problem was not my serial number - it was that I had registered the game under an old email address originally - so the error message was right all along.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Galrion

Quote from: Berkut on May 19, 2009, 10:24:54 AM
LOL, user error ftw!

Turns out the problem was not my serial number - it was that I had registered the game under an old email address originally - so the error message was right all along.
doh!

Viking

I wanna ask about GC2 and playing against the A.I. When playing Dark Avatar on Challenging without tech trading on huge maps I find I can basically expand over the entire map half the time with the AI staying on the two starting planets plus a few more. With Tech Trading the AI out grows me every time (even though I'm ahead in tech). Does anybody else have this same experience?

Any suggestions for getting a longer lasting game? Mine tend to descend into either me overrunning the galaxy before the AI can respond or I get victimized by one or two or three rolling creeps where the AI sends engine less small craft (so many you could walk on them between planets) with weapons and defences only in a steady stream.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ender

GC2 is too fast paced for my taste.
I prefer SE4.

Ender

What set-up do you guys recomend for an slow game?

I tried commun planets on abundant stars, low research rate, and it didn't work out slow enough for me.

My biggest complain is that population grows way faster than it should.