Cheap HDMI cables for Canadian customers

Started by viper37, November 15, 2012, 09:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Since prices are so damn high here, I thought I'd give you a store I just found:
http://www.infinitecables.com/

Monoprice (www.monoprice.com) still has the best prices, but their shipping prices tends to be an the high side for Canada.  Infinite Cable is shipping from Toronto, so you pay 8$ instead of 27$.

Also note that although all HDMI cables are the same, there are some slight differences:
- Standard speed HDMI is for 1080i
- High speed HDMI is for 1080p and 3D
- cables with the Redmere chip (thin and ultra-thin) are recommended for length above 15ft, or gage cables (24/22 AWG)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

FWIW, Monoprice rocks in my experience.  Shipping on just 1 or 2 cables is a bit high even in the US, but if you place a decent-sized order you come out way ahead, all things considered.  And what surprised me more than anything is the relative quality.  They definitely don't make/sell junk.

Still amazes me how ignorant the masses are in that they'll walk into Best Buy and buy an HDMI cable for $80 without bothering to shop around online. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Don't know about the US, but lots of people here are afraid of shopping on-line.  It takes some persuasion to convince them the risks are the same, what with the numerous cases of card cloning in brick&mortar stores.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on November 28, 2012, 01:12:28 PM
Don't know about the US, but lots of people here are afraid of shopping on-line.  It takes some persuasion to convince them the risks are the same, what with the numerous cases of card cloning in brick&mortar stores.

That may be a small portion of the people who buy HDMI cables, but here I think most of it is flat-out ignorance.  They're intimidated by the technology and just put themselves at the mercy of the blueshirts at Best Buy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2012, 05:14:29 PM
GOLD PLATED is quality, right?  :lol:

Sure.  It'll drastically improve your picture quality.  Don't waste your time with the non-plated crap.  I mean, if you're willing to spend over $1500 on a TV, why on earth would you pair it with some cheap cable?  Your friends & neighbors would all laugh at you, too.