Tat count

Started by 11B4V, November 30, 2012, 07:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Tats you got

2-3
4-5
6+

Syt

None, though I would like to get one. There's a few designs I like.

Still, the spot isn't quite decided:
- place where I can show/conceal it if necessary (e.g. cover it up on the job)
- place where I can see it
- place that is not too likely to become overly fat/skinny/flabby over time

So far that narrows it down to the lower forearm insides. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2012, 05:50:09 AM
None, though I would like to get one. There's a few designs I like.

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

None.  I'm not that stupid.  I never understood why criminals would get them.  I would think that easily identifiable marks would be something of a detriment in that kind of trade.  My idiot brother has a shit ton of them.  He even has a Van Gough on his rib cage.  Damned if I know why.

I have no idea why Tattoos became so popular.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2012, 07:44:20 PM
Nil.  I am not a former serviceman, I have never served time, and I have never been ousted from a motorcycle gang.

However, the pierce hole in my left ear lobe never closed, in the unlikely event 1986 should ever come back.

Same here, except mine did close up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 01, 2012, 05:40:22 AM
None.

I've never lost a scar contest though.

:lol:  I guess not.  You must've been the Quint of the pediatric ward.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2012, 08:31:56 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 01, 2012, 05:40:22 AM
None.

I've never lost a scar contest though.

:lol:  I guess not.  You must've been the Quint of the pediatric ward.
Caliga almost threw up when he saw it.  :ph34r:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on November 30, 2012, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: PDH on November 30, 2012, 08:43:13 PM
Besides, I have one of these - it means I am above ink.

You're a little young for that, aren't you? I'm 43, and don't have one.

It was basically ended in 1971.  I was born in 66, so I slid in under the wire.  Girls got theirs on the inside of the arm anyway, not the manly shoulder.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Not where I'm from. All of the women I knew who had them had them on the back of their shoulder, including my mom.

When we were really little, my brother told me that Mom's scar was from where the aliens disconnected her and sent her down to earth to study humans, and I believed him for years.  :area52: :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2012, 07:46:19 AM
It's a sign of rebellion against proper society.  People with tattoos are trying to take pride in their low social status by rejecting conventional esthetics.  I always feel bad for a tattooed woman, as she has thrown away beauty in favour of tawdry availability.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on December 01, 2012, 02:32:28 PM
It's a sign of rebellion against proper society.  People with tattoos are trying to take pride in their low social status by rejecting conventional esthetics.  I always feel bad for a tattooed woman, as she has thrown away beauty in favour of tawdry availability.

Hippies did that, but at least what they did wasn't permanent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on December 01, 2012, 02:07:13 PM
Not where I'm from. All of the women I knew who had them had them on the back of their shoulder, including my mom.

When we were really little, my brother told me that Mom's scar was from where the aliens disconnected her and sent her down to earth to study humans, and I believed him for years.  :area52: :ph34r:

The Midwest was an evil place.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

None.  I'm not that stupid.  I never understood why criminals would get them.  I would think that easily identifiable marks would be something of a detriment in that kind of trade.  My idiot brother has a shit ton of them.  He even has a Van Gough on his rib cage.  Damned if I know why.

You still live with your mom, dont you?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on December 01, 2012, 03:06:31 PM

You still live with your mom, dont you?

And?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".