News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

USA! USA! USA!

Started by Ed Anger, May 17, 2009, 09:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/us/14explorers.html?_r=1&hpw

(Story not quoted to annoy a certain jew assfuck who actually barked an order at me to do that.)

USA! USA! USA! Time to watch Taps again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Child soldiers: Africa, Iran and Amerikkka.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

They've been doing this for years.  The Exploring program is very broad, but I'm sure that the law enforcement assignments are very popular.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Hansmeister

What's this 'disgruntled iraq War Veteran' shit?

The Brain

Quote from: Hansmeister on May 17, 2009, 09:53:51 AM
What's this 'disgruntled iraq War Veteran' shit?

Wait till they cancel Hannah Montana.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Wait, did I get this right? America is training boyscouts to be child soldiers to kill illegal immigrants and pot growers?

Wow, when you think America is fucked up, they fucking top it!

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2009, 10:06:36 AM
Wait, did I get this right? America is training boyscouts to be child soldiers to kill illegal immigrants and pot growers?

Wow, when you think America is fucked up, they fucking top it!

International human rights law

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 38, (1989) proclaimed: "State parties shall take all feasible measures to ensure that persons who have not attained the age of 15 years do not take a direct part in hostilities." However, children who are over the age of 15 but still remain under the age of 18 are still voluntarily able to take part in combat as soldiers. The Optional protocol on the involvement of children in armed conflict to the Convention that came into force in 2002 stipulates that its State Parties "shall take all feasible measures to ensure that persons below the age of 18 do not take a direct part in hostilities and that they are not compulsorily recruited into their armed forces".[1] The Optional Protocol further obligates states to "take all feasible measures to prevent such recruitment and use, including the adoption of legal measures necessary to prohibit and criminalize such practices." (Art 4, Optional Protocol)[2] Likewise under the Optional Protocol states are required to demobilize children within their jurisdiction who have been recruited or used in hostilities, and to provide assistance for their physical and psychological recovery and social reintegration. (Art 6(3) Optional Protocol)[2]

Under Article 8.2.26 of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC), adopted in July 1998 and entered into force 1 July 2002; "Conscripting or enlisting children under the age of fifteen years into the national armed forces or using them to participate actively in hostilities" is a war crime.[3]

Slargos

In addition, in order to qualify for actually being a soldier, child or not, you have to be enrolled in a military organization.

The frequency with which you gurgle nonsense is starting to get a bit tiring, Marty.  :hug:

DisturbedPervert

QuoteAn affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America is training young people to confront terrorism and border security.

What an in depth article. 

Oh, I have to sign up for more?  :rolleyes:

Martinus

It's still fucked up, Slargos. Rather than address the problem of various crazy minutemen movements and deal with the illegal immigration problem by possible amnesty and change in policy, you have kids being trained not only in violence, but in violence against the wrong kind of people. This is seriously fucked up.

Caliga

:huh:

Wow, when I was in Boy Scouts the Explorers never did stuff like this.  Then again, there weren't any gay Poles that would be annoyed by this to annoy back then.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on May 17, 2009, 10:23:34 AM

Wow, when I was in Boy Scouts the Explorers never did stuff like this.  Then again, there weren't any gay Poles that would be annoyed by this to annoy back then.  :)
What about the Pope?

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2009, 10:19:45 AM
It's still fucked up, Slargos. Rather than address the problem of various crazy minutemen movements and deal with the illegal immigration problem by possible amnesty and change in policy, you have kids being trained not only in violence, but in violence against the wrong kind of people. This is seriously fucked up.

Like it or not, but it is up to the american people to decide who their enemies and friends are, and if they determine that their border needs to be policed it is up to them to do it.

An initiative like this is probably very helpful to achieve their political goals, and I would wager it is also beneficial to the individual youths involved teaching them not only how to breach a building held by terrorists, but more importantly discipline and the proper chain of command.

Dealing with immigration problems by amnesty and change in policy? Might aswell deal with traffic problems by lowering the speed limit to crawl and stating that everyone is moving according to plan.

I realize that you disagree on a fundamental political basis, but shrieking "child soldiers" is just retarded.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on May 17, 2009, 10:25:22 AMLike it or not, but it is up to the american people to decide who their enemies and friends are, and if they determine that their border needs to be policed it is up to them to do it.

What the fuck is that sentence supposed to mean?  :lol:

I mean are you so retarded, as to suggest that on Languish only Americans can criticize internal American policy, only Iranians can criticize Iran's internal policy and only Israelis can criticize the Israeli one?

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2009, 10:24:42 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 17, 2009, 10:23:34 AM

What about the Pope?

The Pope loves fascism.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points