News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Great day for Toronto Football ...

Started by Malthus, November 26, 2012, 10:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on November 27, 2012, 12:24:27 PM
Wait how could that possibily be more important than Toronto winning the championship?

It's not the Stanley Cup, it's... that other cup.

Malthus

Quote from: Drakken on November 27, 2012, 12:25:13 PM
Wait how could that possibily be more important than Toronto winning the championship?

If Toronto won the Stanley Cup, I'd start to take seriously apocalyptic warnings ...  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on November 27, 2012, 12:29:08 PM
Quote from: Drakken on November 27, 2012, 12:25:13 PM

If Toronto won the Stanley Cup, I'd start to take seriously apocalyptic warnings ...  :lol:

:lol:

viper37

It's canadian football.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on November 27, 2012, 01:56:35 PM
It's canadian football.

BB seems to like it :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

There is no finer kind of football than 3-down football. :yes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 27, 2012, 02:20:20 PM
BB seems to like it :P
Honestly, I like it too :)

I like both the NFL and the CFL.  There's no way Quebec city could ever aspire to an NFL team, but a CFL team might be doable at some point in the future, once we bring the Stanlay Cup home and legion of businessmen recognize the city's potential as a true haven for sports, much like Glendale... ahem, strike that last part :)

Anyway, I like both, but many hardcore football fans prefer US college football over the CFL, and obviously the NFL.  I'm just a casual observer, so I like university football because my university is winning all the championships ;) and the CFL because it is an accessible sport.  I mean, if I wanted to, I could go and watch an Alouette's game in Montreal, tickets aren't that pricey.  Seeing the Patriots though, is another matter.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 02:22:44 PM
There is no finer kind of football than 3-down football. :yes:
it is a faster game, wich I like.
On the downside, it also discourages audacity in most play, you're unlikely to see some dude running accross 3/4 of the field as you'd watch in the Superbowl.

crazy canuck

Meh, 3 down football can be more exciting but with only 8 professional teams playing it the competitive nature of the league gets pretty dull - Woot Edmonton is playing BC.... again.  Pretty hard to get excited about seeing the same teams all the time.

Drakken

Just to let you know, since the Alouettes got eliminated no one here gave a damn about the Grey Cup this year. So we didn't have to withstand the Lil-Bib wiggling around and that girl who's still surfing on that hit she's made two years ago, like you did. :yeah:

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 27, 2012, 04:21:08 PM
Meh, 3 down football can be more exciting but with only 8 professional teams playing it the competitive nature of the league gets pretty dull - Woot Edmonton is playing BC.... again.  Pretty hard to get excited about seeing the same teams all the time.

You should try for 10 and have everybody play each other home and away.  Then you could keep the 18 game schedule and it will not be repetitive.

Ottawa and Quebec City should be the new teams.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."